Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 100mw 532nm Ebayser w/ LaserShades from Wicked Lasers

Vaughan (aka) Speedster239: Sorry ,but I'm not great talker. I'm :confused: You said this would be done thru PayPal.!!--I've already sent you my PayPal info---I need a PayPal BILL
from YOU, so that I can PAY you !!--I'm waiting for you!!--Let's get it on!!

PS.--I've also sent you a PM

Vaughan (aka) Speedster239: Sorry ,but I'm not great talker. I'm :confused: You said this would be done thru PayPal.!!--I've already sent you my PayPal info---I need a PayPal BILL
from YOU, so that I can PAY you !!--I'm waiting for you!!--Let's get it on!!

PS.--I've also sent you a PM
hey mike, I'm on my iPhone right now. I will send the paypal bill as soon as i get home. Thanks mate

hey mike, I'm on my iPhone right now. I will send the paypal bill as soon as i get home. Thanks mate

VAUGHAN: Your PayPal bill is paid!--Your PM request for a PM from me, to confirm
my name & mailing address (The same info that PayPal has ) has been done!
Oh, I also sent an email to your email address.---Now, "Stick a fork in it" !, because everything on my end is DONE!! :crackup:--Please "Let's get this Show started"! :thanks:MIKE

P.S.--Read your PM's

Hey guys, I'd just like to update you on the situation with Mike here. Everything went through smoothly until Mike received the package. Despite the fact that I checked the laser extensively before sending it and he claims the package came in undamaged condition, he's claiming that it was dead on arrival. I've asked him to speak with me numerous times on the phone now, and he's come up with what you you will find to be an outrageous excuse...

Here's a timeline of the events:

11-17-2009
202bigmike sent me a private message before posting on this public thread with an offer of $40 for the laser and shades with shipping included. Since I wanted to keep everything public, I asked him to post his offer on this thread:
michaelsfirstpmandmyres.png

11-20-2009
Michael posted an offer of $41.05 USD on this thread and won the bid.
michaelwinsbid.png

After winning the bid, Michael sent me a PM asking me to send him a Paypal bill. I responded by asking him to call me before I sent the bill. I always like to get a call from the buyer or seller when I complete a transaction online because it makes everything a bit more secure. And plus, it only takes a minute or two.
requestingacallthensend.png

11-21-2009
Michael responds to my request for a phone call stating that he is "not much of a talker" over the private messages and publicly on this thread.
refusaltomakecall.png

refusaltomakecallpublich.png

11-21-2009
I should have taken the above as a warning that this could be trouble, but I conceded and decided that I would send the bill anyways without the phone call. I sent the bill via PayPal, in addition to a PM to Mike letting him know I sent the bill and asking for his address to be sure it matched the one on file with PayPal.

moneyrequestbillpaypal.png

sentthebillprivatemessa.png

Later that day I received the payment of $41.05 via PayPal in addition to a private message from Mike with his mailing address in it so that I could verify what was already on file with PayPal.

paymentreceivedpaypal.png

11-22-2009

michaelsmailinginfopaym.png

11-24-2009
Once I received the payment and the shipping details for confirmation, I boxed up the laser and shades and had it ready to ship first thing that following morning. I was going to get the shipping label at the post office but I decided to purchase a shipping label over PayPal for the transaction in addition to sending Mike a PM letting him know it would ship out first thing the next morning.

pmconfirmingabouttobese.png

purchasedshippinglabel.png

That following morning I went to the post office and sent the package. When I got home I sent a PM to Mike confirming that it had been sent and in it I gave the tracking number. I also asked him to let me know when it arrived at his place.

lasershippedpm.png

11-27-2009
This was the day that the package arrived both according to Mike and the USPS tracking service. You can track the package with this tracking number (9101128882300896460048), here: USPS - Track & Confirm - Put our delivery information to work for you

The USPS confirmed the package was delivered on this day.
uspsconfirmededelivery.png

Michael sent me a PM. This is where it all went down hill. Michael claimed that the laser was not working on arrival despite the fact that I extensively tested it just minutes before I placed it in the packaging and it was working fantastic. I asked him if he was still having the issues and whether or not the package looked damaged when he received it.
michaelconfirmsarrivalh.png

11-30-2009
Michael responded to the above stating that package was not damaged on arrival, and that everything looked good but the laser didn't work. My first response, CALL ME.

callmeforresponsetomich.png

In response to this, Michael sent me an email to magelord451@aim.com (my paypal email) saying that he sent me two text messages (I don't do text messages on that line) and that he can't talk on the phone because...because...get this...he has a "throat" problem. OKAY, a throat problem? Really? REALLY? He claims there is "really no reason to talk", and he wants me to refund his money first and THEN he will send me back the laser and shades. I don't think that sounds like a good idea to me because my best bet is that he's having a great time popping balloons and lighting matches and hoping he'll get it all for free when I send his money back and he never responds to me again.

throatproblemwantsrefun.png

Here's the bottom line. If Michael feels there's no real reason to "talk" on the phone with me and that I should as the seller send his money back without talking to him and take his word for it after all of this that he'll send the laser and shades back I'm not going to refund his money. He purchased a perfectly good working laser and he knows it, however he's trying to pull a sheet over my head.

I don't have time for this. I'm a good, hardworking guy who's never stolen for anybody and I know karma will come back to you Mike.

All the best,
Vaughan

PS: Forum members, please share your thoughts. What should/can I do?

Last edited:
wow- tell him to post a video of the laser NOT working, with him testing a set of batteries, then putting them in correctly, and the laser not working. Although he could just break it. It IS possible a ground got knocked off in the mail, but it seems unlikely. Plus, didn't you ship insured? file a claim, and you can each have half or something

Vaughan; Remember you took my Paypal info and you sent a non working laser to me, WITHOUT us TALKING!!--If it was SO important to talk to me then, why didn't YOU,
just refuse the PayPal payment and just not sell and send the laser & shades to me,
when I would not talk to you via telephone?!--EVERYTHING was done online regarding
this deal--I do not want to keep this DOA laser, I will gladly send the whole package
back to you ,once we work out the specs!--Send my $$ back to me , just like you
got it!-(Thru PayPal) and I will send your laser & shades back to you , just like I got it,
the USPS (US mail)!!--Now, if you please,stop playing BS games and let's please resolve
this matter!---MIKE

PS.--Remember, I asked you to specifically insure the package--Did you?

Last edited:
Mike, all I want to do is speak with you on the phone. I don't know your telephone number, so how can I possibly get in touch with you? Your accusing me of not taking the effort to speak with you, however I gave you my number and asked you to call me several times now. Yes, I probably did make a bad choice selling the laser without talking with you over the phone because it went against my instincts. Now, I'm asking you for your number so I can speak to you. I'd love to take my laser back and give you your money back, but do you think logically I would send the money back to you first without speaking to you on the phone, and expect you to send the laser back to me? Everything your doing is giant red flag for a scam.

Please call me. I'm an honest guy and if the laser is truly broken I'll bend over backwards to make things right. But if it really was broken and you didn't want to take something from me you could simply pick up the phone and we'd have worked it out 1-2-3. I don't see how you can say I'm the one running you through hoops?

What's unreasonable about this, guys?

Last edited:
Vaughan: You are already aware of my problem, so how is it ,that you KEEP
wanting me to speak to you?!--Is this your way of trying to get out of repaying
my $$ and not having your non working laser & shades returned to you, by saying
I refuse to talk to you via telephone?!--Once again this whole deal, was done ONLINE
and we did not speak one word!--You say my not speaking to you throws up a
red flag for a scam!-- Are you serious?!!-- Stop alluding to the "IF" the laser
doesn't work crap,( the laser does not work & has not worked since I removed
it from the shipping box). It seems as if you don't want the return of your laser
& shades and the return of my $$. I have already stated that we can return things
in the way they were sent>>$$ via PayPal and laser & shades via US Mail--
Everything is out front and in plain view, why are you still trying to throw roadblocks
into exchanging goods?--Remember, everything about this deal was done
without 1 WORD spoken between us--MIKE

PS., In your reference about karma coming back, remember that's a 2 way street!
Also you ask ,"how can you possibly get in touch with me"?!--Well, YOU have already
posted more ways than 1 to contact me. example:#1- my email address which I sent
to you via your email address and also thru PayPal and LPF.--#2 You have already posted threads about our deal here on LPF--#3--You can PM me at LPF--
:wtf: Do you still say you can't contact me?

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

Why don't you guys just both send your stuff to a trusted middle-man? No-one loses anything.

mfo

Her's the easiest way to squash this.

1) Mike, make a video of you testing the laser. Buy a brand new pair of batteries, test them with a voltmeter, then put them in the laser and push the button. Make sure this is one long continuous video to help prove its genuineness. If it's busted then you're owed a refund. Also, no excuses for not being able to produce a video. If you can't produce a video then tough luck for you. Don't tell us you have hand problems also. And also make sure to include some info about you in the video like your name and forum name to ensure you don't just find a video on youtube.

2) Even if the laser is busted, you must ship it back to the seller in order to receive a refund. That's the way it's been done. If Vaughn wanted to rip you off he never would have sent it in the first place.

3) Vaughn, this one is for you. Make sure you've transferred your money from your PP into your bank account. If you've done that, make sure you've transferred the funds from that account elsewhere (hopefully you don't use your primary account for PP). This will prevent him from a dispute scam. Also if he does open a dispute, I hope you can prove it was functional before you shipped it.

If you'll take my word for it--when I last used it which was months ago, it DID light matches from a few inches away in seconds, it could pop balloons and it would melt holes in garbage bags. In all honesty, I don't feel like setting up my camera and starting an entire production shoot, but it does do all of that. It was a blast while I was using it, but now I've moved on to bigger and better hobbies--or wastes of my time :p--such as RC planes.

-Vaughan
Vaughan:The easiest way to settle this dispute, is just like ZRTMWA suggested ,
is send the laser & shades and the $$ to a trusted middleman--I'm really more
than OK with that solution!--Let's find one!

MFO:I already see whose side you are on. But in regards to your #1 statement about me doing a laser video, read Vaughans'(speedster239) quote about Him doing a video about the laser prior to him selling it. He said "no"-- And yes, my hands do work pretty good, who said they didn't?--
And in answer to your #2 statement about the laser being busted,and with me
having to send it back to the seller for a refund, are you not aware, that first I had
to pay him thru PayPal before he mailed the laser to me about 2 days after he got
the $$ ! I've already said to S239, how we exchange the goods--The same way
we did at 1st!-- Via paypal & US Mail.
Your #3 statement is really trying to tell him, how not to have to return the $$., not
how to resolve this situation! Your views and comments on this matter are very slanted
in Vaughans' direction. Have YOU! read ALL the stuff that has passed between S239
and myself before you made those comments. Anyway it seems, your opinion is
that I'm trying some type of scam for the very large amount of $41.05 USD.
You are so wrong!! But enough with you.

Vaughan, let's see if we can find a good , vetted, & widely trusted LPF middleman to
solve this situation.----Somebody, please step up!!

mfo

Vaughan:The easiest way to settle this dispute, is just like ZRTMWA suggested ,
is send the laser & shades and the $$ to a trusted middleman--I'm really more
than OK with that solution!--Let's find one!

MFO:I already see whose side you are on. But in regards to your #1 statement about me doing a laser video, read Vaughans'(speedster239) quote about Him doing a video about the laser prior to him selling it. He said "no"-- And yes, my hands do work pretty good, who said they didn't?--
And in answer to your #2 statement about the laser being busted,and with me
having to send it back to the seller for a refund, are you not aware, that first I had
to pay him thru PayPal before he mailed the laser to me about 2 days after he got
the $$ ! I've already said to S239, how we exchange the goods--The same way
we did at 1st!-- Via paypal & US Mail.
Your #3 statement is really trying to tell him, how not to have to return the $$., not
how to resolve this situation! Your views and comments on this matter are very slanted
in Vaughans' direction. Have YOU! read ALL the stuff that has passed between S239
and myself before you made those comments. Anyway it seems, your opinion is
that I'm trying some type of scam for the very large amount of $41.05 USD.
You are so wrong!! But enough with you.

Vaughan, let's see if we can find a good , vetted, & widely trusted LPF middleman to
solve this situation.----Somebody, please step up!!

#1 Well all you're doing is whining instead of getting to work on the situation. There's no need for a middle man. As I and someone else mentioned, just film a very detailed video of it not working and you'll easily prove your point. Who cares what he did with his video? We're asking you to produce evidence. I used the hand example as sarcasm because I find it awful strange that you first said you're not one for talking on the phone, and then later you go on to say you have a throat condition. Which is it, bud?

#2 In regards to the paypal, yeah you have to pay someone first in order for them to ship goods. And two days wait isn't bad after paying someone. People do have lives outside of this forum you know.

#3 I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt at first, but your side of the story just isn't adding up to me. Film a video and prove the thing is busted. Even if it's with a mobile phone, I know you have to have something in your residence that is capable of recording video. Why should someone here have to take time out of their schedule to resolve this mess when you can easily do it yourself? To me, it just sounds like you're trying to get a free laser because you're whining here instead of trying to prove your side of the story. Anyone else would have at least already posted a video of it not working to at least prove you're not lying.