Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

jayrob

Some 32650's available!:

I have only 8 of these 5500mAh non-protected 32650's available...

32650%205500.jpg

These are available to buyers when getting a complete XM-L T6 build.

They are perfect for the Stubby, or the 2 cell build with voltage monitor.

They fit the 2 cell build with the tail cap mod shown in the first post. ($8)

I will sell them for $25 dollars each. First come, first serve...

:thanks:

Last edited:

Wow, thats pretty darn impressive! Looks like quite alot of work goes into the building of one of those.

I am really liking this and am just considering buying one from you to save me the hassle of trying it myself. I have 3 questions though....

1) After taking apart my own 2 cell maglite and seeing how the cam on the reflector works. I was wondering can you focus these to a flood or spot beam or is it just a fixed beam?

2) Does running the us sold "protected" 32650 cells require anything more than a tail cap mod?

3) The maglite I have now is the led version as it is. I know its nowhere near the lite that the one you are selling is but how much brighter are we talking?

Thanks and whats the price shipped for one of your 2 cell fully loaded maglites with the voltage indicator?

Last edited:

jayrob

I am really liking this and am just considering buying one from you to save me the hassle of trying it myself. I have 3 questions though....

1) After taking apart my own 2 cell maglite and seeing how the cam on the reflector works. I was wondering can you focus these to a flood or spot beam or is it just a fixed beam?

2) Does running the us sold "protected" 32650 cells require anything more than a tail cap mod?

3) The maglite I have now is the led version as it is. I know its nowhere near the lite that the one you are selling is but how much brighter are we talking?

Thanks and whats the price shipped for one of your 2 cell fully loaded maglites with the voltage indicator?

See a list of buyer feedback here! :)

Yes this mod is still focusable. But honestly, you will not be focusing it once you get it focused to the best spot. Because it is so bright, that there is plenty of 'side spill' brightness. You will probably just leave it at it's best focus. (IMO)

The protected 32650's will fit with a custom tail cap mod. ($15) They barely fit. Your switch must also be the shorter switch shown in the following link... See pictures of the tail cap mod for protected 32650's in this build:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/9-amp-pt-54-phlatlight-maglite-mod-64054.html

The Maglite LED puts out about 114 lumens per the claim on the package.

This XM-L T6 modification is about 1000 lumens! That is why we need the heatsink for the emitter, and the high capacity batteries.

I have some of the non-protected 32600's on hand for $40 a pair with the purchase of an XM-L T6 build. (solder blob ready)

Or you can go with the protected cells and the tail cap mod.

Make sure you get your WF-188 charger from lighthound. Because the cheaper places don't sent brand new in the box chargers, and they don't work properly. I stock an extra charger by the way...

Here's the total without batteries or charger:

The complete XM-L T6 Maglite build will include:

* Maglite host (let me know your choice of color)
* Switch prep
* Reflector mod
* Heatsink/driver/XM-L T6 emitter installed and tested
* Assembled and ready for your batteries
$129
* Spectrum battery monitor installed - $58

Shipping is based on PayPal fees plus postage. (send me a private message for total)

:thanks:

Last edited:
I am still kicking this around, If I decided to try it myself would you sell the tail cap mod itself for that price? Would I have to send in a core or just send you mine and you send it back at my expense?

The protected 32650's will fit with a custom tail cap mod. ($15)

jayrob

Yes you can send me your tail cap...

You can look down the tube and see if the switch contact has a spring, or is a flat contact point. You want the switch with the flat contact point. It's shorter. (for fitting 32650 protected cells - as shown here)

If you have the switch with the spring, I can trade you switches, as long as yours is not leaked on by battery acid or anything...

Do you have any of the loose emitters that you will sell? I went to the site looking around and they are out of stock of the (BIN 1D)

What exactly does the "BIN 1D" mean?

Last edited:

jayrob

Do you have any of the loose emitters that you will sell? I went to the site looking around and they are out of stock of the (BIN 1D)

What exactly does the "BIN 1D" mean?

It is the tint...

I have both 1D, as well as 1A now.

And I cannot tell the difference visually. They are both excellent.

Bin%20labeling.jpg

But it takes time for me to get my stock on these, and I need my stock for the complete builds that I get orders for. So that is why I do not sell the emitters separately...

Last edited:
Ok, they have the 1a in stock, have you measured the lumen output with this emitter? I will buy those if you think they will be just as good. Also that site triggers some sort of internet security popup. From you personal experience, is it legit?

Last edited:

jayrob

I buy from Cutter, yes they are a good company...

Lumens per the specs are supposed to be 1000 lumens at 3 Amps.

Yes, 1A is a good tint in my opinion. Basically the same as 1D. I cannot tell the difference visually...

Ok, I ordered emitters, drivers, glass lense, and cells last night. I went with the protected 32650's so I will need to do the tail cap mod. Now, I looked in my maglite last night and saw that I have the spring on the positive contact instead of the flat type of contact :mad: I was considering buying a fresh maglite to do this project with anyways and so are the other 2 guys here at work that are doing this with me. Since I have to have a particular type of switch to use these protected 32650's do you know of a certain maglite that has that short switch in it all the time or is it luck of the draw?

I have a newer light so that is really a shame. I can get the 2d light at out local box store for under $20 so I will just go pick it up.

Ok, I received my cells today. They do not look like yours and they are totally void of any markings. Do you have any input or knowledge of these cells? I put a regular D cell in the pic for size reference. Also after looking at your pics in the other thread about the long and short switch style I think I have figured out that you can mod the older style switch to be shorter than the newer style by cutting off that extra part on the end, pulling the spring out of its cup, and filling it almost flush with solder. Take a look at the 2 pictures that I posted with the cells in. The first one is the stock long switch with the cells in and the second is after I "adjusted" it. I can actually start to thread on the end cap on and it will not require much machining to get it to fit. By looking at the pictures it looks like the cells sit lower in the tube from the mod I did Vs. putting them in on top of the short switch. I just though you may like to know, but you probably already do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• cells.jpg
    cells.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,713
  • premod.jpg
    premod.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,112
  • postmod.jpg
    postmod.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,566
Last edited:

jayrob

Yes it looks like your switch mod made more room...

Those are the same batteries that I have gotten from Novae. Except the ones I got were blue instead of green. But I can tell that they are the same length. (same length as my ebay ones shown in my PT-54 thread too)

Last edited: