Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

jayrob

I got my XM-L Maglite build with rebel reflector and 2 Feilong cells yesterday. The first thing I noticed when I turn it on during the day is that it is incredibly bright and the throw is fantastic.

After seeing this I couldn't wait to take it out at night. I took it to the park and beach at 10pm (didn't want to irritate anyone with this extremely bright light).
IT IS AMAZING! It surpassed all my expectations. It lit up the beach for > 350m. I ran it on high for 20 minutes continuously and it didn't get more than warm. It lit up trees like it was day time. As for battery life, I was out in the park for over an hour and when I got home the batteries only measured 4.01 from 4.14 volts. A drop of 0.13 volts.

To sum it up, this light is an amazing all rounder with excellent brightness and throw and the best battery life I have come across.
Great job Jay! :gj:

Love to hear it! :)

Yes the run time vs brightness is the whole idea behind this set up...

Also not over driving the emitter. (some people over drive these XM-L's with more current than they are rated for)

If you ran it 3 hours a day, every day, it should last about 32 years. But you won't run it 3 hours a day every single day... :beer:

Last edited:

jayrob

:bumpit:

Update:

I now have custom built single cell voltage monitors and they work great! :cool: (for single Li-Ion)

So I will now offer a voltage monitor option for Mag Stubby builds... (same
price - $58 dollar option)

jayrob

Just mentioning that I now have the new XML-2 U2 available for these by request... :)

Jay do u have the XM-L2 U2 bare emmiters or are they mounted on a star board?

Last edited:

jayrob

Love good feedback! :)

Qwt77 said:
hey jay. This is the most efficient / useful flashlight in the world. Exactly as you promised.

...Thanks Jeff

He got my single cell 'Stubby' build with custom voltage monitor. :cool: (I got some custom made voltage monitors for a single cell build - they work the exact same as shown in the first post for my 2 cell build)

Qwt77

Hey Jay. My Maglite Snubby w Battery Monitor & UCL Glass is a piece of working mans tool art. I used it on a recent outdoors trip & on low light mode it stayed on for over 35 hrs straight & the Maglite host never even got warm to the touch !. It stayed blue on the battery indicator the whole time !! Super efficient !! The only regret I have is that I didn't get the direct plug in battery recharge option. My error.
The battery indicator is part of a flashlight that I will always include in my future shopping lists of important things that a great flashlight should have.
I've had flashlights that have appeared to be brighter. But, they could only compete w this light in the apparent brightness category for short durations (15-30 min) & were running super hot & all of them never lasted more then 2 years before they died or needed major repair. In my opinion this Maglite Snubby is the best OVERALL (Efficient+Bright+Compact+Dependable+Durable+Cool) I've ever seen. The throw of this flashlight is perfect in the 25-200 ft usable range. Perfect throw for my uses. Anyone that is interested in this build feel free to contact me w private message & I'll be HAPPY to give more detailed feedback. Thank you so much JAYROB !. JO

Hi jayrob,
I live in Australia, what do I need to do to get me one of these complete builds? What is the options of the best batteries and less now available... Can you send me pricing please? Thanks and I look forward to your reply.
Ps I would like the battery monitor and the direct plug in charging option if you do it.
Thanks Haydn

jayrob

Hi jayrob,
I live in Australia, what do I need to do to get me one of these complete builds? What is the options of the best batteries and less now available... Can you send me pricing please? Thanks and I look forward to your reply.
Ps I would like the battery monitor and the direct plug in charging option if you do it.
Thanks Haydn

Hi,

The most popular (and best) configuration, is the 2 cell Li-Ion build with voltage monitor...

Yes I do have UCL glass lens option if you want as well.

About the charging. I have chargers as well, but not 'direct plug in charging' unless you want the Mag Charger mod that I also do. But that is a NiMH pack, and not near the capacity of the above mentioned configuration.

I'll send you a PM... :beer:

Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Modification Kit - Parts, or Complete Flashlight!

I've ordered a few drivers and emitters as well, so I'll have them available...

Just let me know when your ready! :)

Still have this available? How much for the 1000 lumens MONSTER...:drool:
Gil

I did the TerraLUX LED conversion kit that found in Amazon.com for $49.99 and I'm happy with it for now. TerraLUX claims 1000 lumens.........!

I did the TerraLUX LED conversion kit that found in Amazon.com for $49.99 and I'm happy with it for now. TerraLUX claims 1000 lumens.........!

Yea but the way jay shows here has retained the adjustable feature of the mag-lite.

Yea but the way jay shows here has retained the adjustable feature of the mag-lite.

Yes I know. Jay's flashlights are "MASTER PIECES", the ingenuity and craftsmanship are superior. I hope can buy his 2D soon.
:bowdown:

jayrob

Probably a pretty good set up for the money...

That said, it is completely different comparing the amount of lumens from 3 small reflectors (basically three small lights taped together), to a single emitter with a larger reflector.

Rule of thumb. Reflector size = throw.

Not only that, but my mod involves a custom heatsink for the emitter for good heat management. Not to mention a really cool voltage monitor option.

So in other words, there really is no comparison. Your talking about two completely different Maglites when comparing the Terralux drop in vs this custom modification...

Probably a pretty good set up for the money...

That said, it is completely different comparing the amount of lumens from 3 small reflectors (basically three small lights taped together), to a single emitter with a larger reflector.

Rule of thumb. Reflector size = throw.

Not only that, but my mod involves a custom heatsink for the emitter for good heat management. Not to mention a really cool voltage monitor option.

So in other words, there really is no comparison. Your talking about two completely different Maglites when comparing the Terralux drop in vs this custom modification...

Don't get me wrong..!! I'm not making a comparison. Like I said: "Jay's flashlights are "MASTER PIECES", the ingenuity and craftsmanship are superior"
But due to money issues I bought the TerraLUX Drop-in.

:beer: