Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

From NJ, with love.

Hello, I've lurked the forums here on and off for about a month now and decided to finally register an account to further my knowledge on this awesome hobby. I got into lasers a few months ago while digging through old boxes of my fathers stuff and found an ancient red pen pointer. After playing around the house with it I found myself on the internet looking into new, bigger, better, and more fun lasers to play with. Before I really knew much about anything I ordered a "200mW" green flashlight style from gadgettown. I now know it probably isnt up to that spec but I didnt pay much for it and I still love it. Visible beam and burning matches? Hell yeah im hooked.

So now I'm here and hoping to learn more about lasers, and hopefully build my own soon. I'll have to get the tools to do it first though.

So thats my laser story, other than that I live to bass fish and work on my volkswagen. The name is Matt. Glad to be here. :yh:

They are currently on the way to my house. I kind of fell into this head over heals. I wish I had done my research first, but after finding this site and reading I ordered a pair. Should be here by monday I'm hoping.

Oh, not sure if there is an edit button. I also have a pair of cheap goggles at the moment. But i'm not sure they are good enough. thats why I ordered the new pair.

Yes you can use the Edit button in the lower left of your posts. Glad to hear about the glasses, as too many fail to recognize the danger.:beer: