Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Freelance Software Programmer

Here's one for you. I'm developing an XBLA game at the moment, and my artist would like some custom software for changing some sprites. I'd do it myself, but there are more important things I need to do at the moment.

So I need a program where I can manipulate the colours in a large group of bitmaps. It would change one colour into another colour. Both these colours specified in normal text RGB format. But the most important thing is it needs to be able to do thousands of bitmaps at a time. Not just you select 1 image, do the conversion, then have to select another image. It has to be able to drag and drop or select or somehow do this conversion on thousands of images at the same time.

For example, I might have 2000 bitmaps in a folder. I want to turn all the FF0000 colour in all those bitmaps to FF5500 instead. So I input those values into the program, select all the bitmaps and it spits back out the modified graphics.

Think you can do that?

Here's one for you. I'm developing an XBLA game at the moment, and my artist would like some custom software for changing some sprites. I'd do it myself, but there are more important things I need to do at the moment.

So I need a program where I can manipulate the colours in a large group of bitmaps. It would change one colour into another colour. Both these colours specified in normal text RGB format. But the most important thing is it needs to be able to do thousands of bitmaps at a time. Not just you select 1 image, do the conversion, then have to select another image. It has to be able to drag and drop or select or somehow do this conversion on thousands of images at the same time.

For example, I might have 2000 bitmaps in a folder. I want to turn all the FF0000 colour in all those bitmaps to FF5500 instead. So I input those values into the program, select all the bitmaps and it spits back out the modified graphics.

Think you can do that?

It sounds plausible...
Would these images be tinted (color overlay + transparency) with the new color, or would it just be a solid new color?

It sounds plausible...
Would these images be tinted (color overlay + transparency) with the new color, or would it just be a solid new color?

Solid new colour. It is literally replacing colour X with colour Y. Don't worry about alpha channels, just ignore them, although it might be a good idea to allow for them, just incase.

Solid new colour. It is literally replacing colour X with colour Y. Don't worry about alpha channels, just ignore them, although it might be a good idea to allow for them, just incase.

I see. So basically, the program finds color x out of a bitmap, and replaces it with color y while the other colors are left unchanged?

I see. So basically, the program finds color x out of a bitmap, and replaces it with color y while the other colors are left unchanged?

Pretty much. The important thing is it needs to be able to handle thousands of bitmaps at a time.