Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

free energy

Brett Miller said:
Yeah, I realized you meant "free" as in $$$ cash.  I revised my post so as to make sure you didn't think it was an insult.  

-Brett

I just redid (roughly) that scope demonstration I was talking about.  It looked like there was a lot of RF noise present in my lab today, which isn't surprising.  I have two PC's running with LCD's (one 22" flat panel about a foot away), and more wall adapters, etc.  The scope was running cleanly off of 5 AA batteries.
by the way what oscilloscope is that.

Brett

jamilm9 said:
[quote author=Brett Miller link=1231895659/0#13 date=1232492099]Yeah, I realized you meant "free" as in $$$ cash.  I revised my post so as to make sure you didn't think it was an insult.  

-Brett

I just redid (roughly) that scope demonstration I was talking about.  It looked like there was a lot of RF noise present in my lab today, which isn't surprising.  I have two PC's running with LCD's (one 22" flat panel about a foot away), and more wall adapters, etc.  The scope was running cleanly off of 5 AA batteries.
by the way what oscilloscope is that.[/quote]

It's a Velleman Instruments HPS-10 Personal Scope. Very inexpensive (around 100 USD about two years ago), but reasonable capabilities...I bought it in order to have something to check phasing in my H-bridge and Half Bridge MOSFET drivers, and also to determine the resonant frequency of a coil from a distance using a wire antenna. I knew that if I did something stupid and fried the scope with high voltage, I wouldn't lose a ton of money. I have a Tektronix (the best brand) rack mount scope that I use for other things that need NIST accuracy.

-Brett

Brett

jamilm9 said:
i need the cheapest one i can find

Back around '07 when I got this one, it was the cheapest scope available of its type. Of course, you can often get really good Tektronix scopes on ebay that are "repair" or "broken" units, which turn out to sometimes be only in need of a fuse, or have an intermittent power cord or switch. If you get a Tek, it should last years. The broken scopes can often be had for only a few dollars plus shipping, but they can be heavy.

Velleman has another scope that is one up from the HPS 10. It has a back lit screen and PC datalogging. I plan on getting one of those eventually.

-Brett

I know a better way of getting a small amount of electricity with out paying for it. I believe a telephone jack supplies like a watt or two of power. I believe you can get power through it even if you don't pay for a land line. And the power doesn't apply to your monthly bill. ;)

In regards to the video. Its a cool idea, but couldn't be done on a large scale. I wonder if you could get one to power up a 5mm LED continuously. That would be sweet.

Things

Thats the thing, like they said on Mythbusters, its not "free energy", its "Free-to-me energy" :p

True free energy would solar panels and wind turbines/hydroelectric plants.

freen.png

:D

;D

Xer0

Brett Miller said:
...ZPM's are fun for sci-fi, like in Half-Life II, or Star Trek..where you have things like the "inertial dampeners" or the "Heisenburg Compensators"... ;D

...i think you meant Stargate :D

So what about the Theory of Zero Point Energy? A friend of mine says its possible... by "Heisenberg" or so

disma

I have heard that there is more zero point energy in a 1cm^2 vacuum than is needed to boil the water of the entire oceans of the earth. :eek: If we are ever able to tap this energy, we will be in serious danger of self annihilation. :eek:

D

Deleted member 8382

its free in fact u dont pay it but its from EM radiation in the air. Its not enough powerfull to power nothing, its just curius