Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

freakin powerfull laser

so, my dad worked at a medical company right? well he says that the lasers they were using could shoot holes in 2/4s(wood) no problem. what im sayin is... thats a frekin powerfull laser!!!

http://www.medcompare.com/details/23752/CO2-R-Heart-Laser-2.html

this is not the exact laser i cant remember the company but he says hospitals have no need for them now so they are sellin them for scrap...
imagine one of these in your basement

*edit*
im shure it was uv he has the glasses in his garage

Last edited:

Selling them for scrap???

Post links to the auction please!

Heruursciences, step right up!

-Mark

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do more like?

That's massively overpowered for a medical laser; most don't exceed 100 watts (at least for CW models), unless this is an average power for a pulsed laser (it's a CO2, I suppose maybe a TEA laser?). At that power it would have no trouble, even pulsed, getting thru a 2X4, though what would burn thru a 2X4 could burn thru flesh even better.

I'm not in the medical profession but I can't imagine how that would have been used at full power, unless they have started amputating limbs with lasers!

As for having it in your home, again, that probably wouldn't be very feasible. If it's anything like the 1KW lasers they had in that shop where I used to work, those required 3 phase 480V and some serious cooling systems. Probably not something that would work in one's garage....

k1kb0t

I'm not in the medical profession but I can't imagine how that would have been used at full power, unless they have started amputating limbs with lasers! ...

Would that cauterize the wound if they cut off limbs with a laser? That's pretty sick how much power they are putting out. I too wonder what they use them for.

Jon

That's massively overpowered for a medical laser; most don't exceed 100 watts (at least for CW models), unless this is an average power for a pulsed laser (it's a CO2, I suppose maybe a TEA laser?). At that power it would have no trouble, even pulsed, getting thru a 2X4, though what would burn thru a 2X4 could burn thru flesh even better.

I'm not in the medical profession but I can't imagine how that would have been used at full power, unless they have started amputating limbs with lasers!

As for having it in your home, again, that probably wouldn't be very feasible. If it's anything like the 1KW lasers they had in that shop where I used to work, those required 3 phase 480V and some serious cooling systems. Probably not something that would work in one's garage....

they used it to shoot a hole in the bottom left ventrical of the heart, were it stoped bec0use the heart filling with blood diffused it, it took away the pain from pepole with i dont know what desiese