Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FOR SALE-405nm Goggle $35 (1 left)(Laser-Wave)

Re: FOR SALE-405nm Goggle $35 (3 left)(Laser-Wave)

That looks like a pretty crappy VLT to me...you can barely see green!

-Mark

Hey thesk8nmidget....

Payment sent....

Jerry

Krutz

what the...
that graph. it really says that at 500nm transmittance is less than 5%?!?

josh, you still have that polarizing cube to throw in with those googles i hope? :)

manuel

Re: FOR SALE-405nm Goggle $35 (2 left)(Laser-Wave)

yes sir i do! its sitting with the rest of my stuff.

i have about 5 pbs cubes if anyone is interested

geez never mind that went to fast.

i only have 1 pbs cube left and it is a 473nm cube.

its for combining two lasers of the same wavelength together

rocketparrotlet said:
That looks like a pretty crappy VLT to me...you can barely see green!  

-Mark

I'll be the first to say that I appreciate all the time and effort that went into this GB. But I also agree...I was expecting that since these were customized for ~405nm that the transmittance of the rest of the visible spectrum would be almost normal. Was that an unrealistic expectation?  :-?

Josh, perhaps you can let us know what using these is like since you have probably tried them out first-hand.

Krutz

thats exactly my thought.
405nm custommade, i hoped for something like >90% above 450nm. or even above 420nm, for those googles being perfect. anyway, i expected a sharp cutoff in the blue, and no slow climbing way into the green, perhaps through the whole spectrum!
my cheapo sunglasses are yellow, you see the same brightness through them, just yellow tinted. they filter *all* 405nm out, absolutely no fluorescence when these glasses are in between. i see the yellow pollution-light emitted from 405nm diodes. i have a normal seeing-impression with these. all for around 10$. seeing the custommade googles now, i am instantly sober.
dont get me wrong: you did a great job, josh. you invested quite some time, and got some great thing done: the first custommade lasergoogles ever (i know of), and one of the first 405nm protection too. eyesight will be saved because of your effort.
of course i will take the three googles i ordered. of course people will have to wear them, when watching me do funny things with violet light. but if those are as i believe, i will look for other ways to enhance fluorescence-visibility, i.e. looking for yellow-tinted sunglasses which stand 100mw+ radiation for minutes, filter 405nm well enough, and cover my eyes entirely. the three i will get from you will just be protection.
i had a look through the two threads about these googles. nowhere was stated anything about "sharp cutoff" or "enhance fluorescence visibility". it was "high OD protection from 405nm" all the time.

Josh, could you ask bridge for a full-spectrum plot of the transmittance? at least up to 700nm, better for up to 1070nm?
who knows, perhaps these are the first multi-wavelength-googles which cover all common hobbyists' wavelengths, infrared, and have a high OD for red too? :)
one more question: are these dye-based, like the energy gets absorbed through the whole thickness of the plastic, or are they dichroic-based, like reflecting off the violet stuff from the coating? meaning that a scratch would render the googles useless, and that it reflects high energy laserbeams through the room in an unpredictable way. the images look like the latter, with such high reflectance, almost mirror-like?

noone knew how they really would turn out, and i'm still happy to get those, and again, thank you, Josh for this! :)

manuel

Krutz said:
405nm custommade, i hoped for something like >90% above 450nm. or even above 420nm, for those googles being perfect. anyway, i expected a sharp cutoff in the blue, and no slow climbing way into the green, perhaps through the whole spectrum!
my cheapo sunglasses are yellow, you see the same brightness through them, just yellow tinted. they filter *all* 405nm out, absolutely no fluorescence when these glasses are in between. i see the yellow pollution-light emitted from 405nm diodes. i have a normal seeing-impression with these. all for around 10$. seeing the custommade googles now, i am instantly sober.
dont get me wrong: you did a great job, josh. you invested quite some time, and got some great thing done: the first custommade lasergoogles ever (i know of), and one of the first 405nm protection too. eyesight will be saved because of your effort.
of course i will take the three googles i ordered. of course people will have to wear them, when watching me do funny things with violet light. but if those are as i believe, i will look for other ways to enhance fluorescence-visibility, i.e. looking for yellow-tinted sunglasses which stand 100mw+ radiation for minutes, filter 405nm well enough, and cover my eyes entirely. the three i will get from you will just be protection.
i had a look through the two threads about these googles. nowhere was stated anything about "sharp cutoff" or "enhance fluorescence visibility". it was "high OD protection from 405nm" all the time.

Josh, could you ask bridge for a full-spectrum plot of the transmittance? at least up to 700nm, better for up to 1070nm?
who knows, perhaps these are the first multi-wavelength-googles which cover all common hobbyists' wavelengths, infrared, and have a high OD for red too? :)
one more question: are these dye-based, like the energy gets absorbed through the whole thickness of the plastic, or are they dichroic-based, like reflecting off the violet stuff from the coating? meaning that a scratch would render the googles useless, and that it reflects high energy laserbeams through the room in an unpredictable way. the images look like the latter, with such high reflectance, almost mirror-like?

noone knew how they really would turn out, and i'm still happy to get those, and again, thank you, Josh for this! :)

manuel

i will go ahead and ask bridge to see if he can give us a bigger graph and also if they are dye or if they are a coating.

also from a first hand experience, they still show fluorescing pretty good.

i also just played around with my 100mw green and used the goggles and i can still see the beam just fine. it just barely dims it down if any at all.

i am preparing the goggles right now and we can get some more experiences from them soon. :)

okay quick update!

my printer will not print unless ALL the colors of ink are there. and some how my cyan randomly ran out of ink while i was printing black ink only labels!!!

GRRR

so i will be printing off as many labels as i can at work tomorrow and will be printing the rest off tomorrow night after i buy more!

what a terrible design. and sorry i will et as many as i can out tomorrow.

some printers use a combination of RGB to produce black...

That's why I like color laser printers!  :D no ink to dry out over time, and lower cost of ownership.

...you got mine printed, right?  ;D

GeneralSpecific said:
some printers use a combination of RGB to produce black...

That's why I like color laser printers!  :D no ink to dry out over time, and lower cost of ownership.

...you got mine printed, right?  ;D

mine actually has its own black ink and then 3 for colors! and i only got one to print. :( but i can print a bunch out at work!

Krutz said:

manuel

This is exactly the way I feel about this entire matter. This post sums it up perfectly. I greatly appreciate the huge amount of time that was put into this, but it seems they may be below standards. I guess only testing can determine this.

Regarding the printer issue: What labels are you printing, and will this in any way affect the shipping time?

Thanks,
Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
[quote author=Krutz link=1222101905/180#185 date=1226856467]thats exactly my thought.

manuel

This is exactly the way I feel about this entire matter.  This post sums it up perfectly.  I greatly appreciate the huge amount of time that was put into this, but it seems they may be below standards.  I guess only testing can determine this.

Regarding the printer issue: What labels are you printing, and will this in any way affect the shipping time?

Thanks,
Mark
[/quote]

my goal with this group buy was to get some decent goggles that protected 405nm i didnt care if they were just 405nm or 405nm-500nm.
my main goal was just protection from 405nm.
if i would have known that many people wanted a small range of 405 i would have requested this from laser wave. but it seems the majority of the people also just wanted 405nm protection in general.

sorry these didnt turn out just how some of you wanted.

and my printer would not print at all without the proper colored ink so that means the shipping labels would not print, im printing as many as i can at work and should be getting all out by tomorrow.