Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fog or Smoke, w/o Fog Machine?? *SOLUTION FOUND*

Hi all :)

I was looking at some fog machines on eBay and they are all ~40 bucks i think. I was wondering, before i go out and get a cheapish one, if its possible to make fog or smoke without a machine (excluding matches or anything like that). I was thinking of just buying the stuff u put in them (fog juice) and heating it up. I don't know if it would work but it would save me buying the machine. I only need to fill a small room/area.

So ide appreciate any suggestions, ive looked on the net but couldn't find much.
Or any info on cheap f/machines.... (I'm from Aus btw)

Thx [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Re: Fog or Smoke, w/o Fog Machine??

Why do you only want people in Aus to get diffraction gratings from? Shipping isn't that much more expensive for such a small item internationally.

As for fog, probably the cheapest way would be incense. I've tried it, and it makes the beam show up really well! (And it smells nice!).

As for heating up fog juice, I thought they needed to be under pressure to work... though I have no idea.

Just thought i would see if there was any1 in aus first cos then it would only take like 3 days max to arrive in mail. Rather than wait for it from overseas.

If no one responds ill get it from overseas. I'm in no rush

Thx 4 advice btw

I have a few spare diffraction gratings lying around. But I'm afraid I want to keep them. They're pretty delicate things, and I know I'm going to rip some, so I need to keep some as spares :)

As for heating up fog juice, I thought they needed to be under pressure to work
I couldn't be asked to fill up one of my foggers ...... and clean it out afterwards to do a quick beam shot,  so I tipped some into a tin tray and heated it with a blow torch.

Not at all efficient,. a lot of gas used and just a couple of seconds with enough smoke for the picture........

Regards rog8811

Hey all

I found a solution ;D. I got a new iron for about 15 bucks AUS, and some fog juice/liquid fog, poured the juice into the iron and added some water (say 1/2 water, 1/2 fog stuff) and there you have it.

When i pressed the steam button smoke/fog came out and it was way better than i expected. It works as good as any fog machine and is very cheap and easy to get. The iron didn't seem to stuff up either which was a bonus.
:)

Well i saved myself about 20 bucks and the fog juice should last ages using the iron.
Thx for the help and suggestions [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Re: Fog or Smoke, w/o Fog Machine?? *SOLUTION FOUN

Nice solution actually. I wouldn't use it as an iron afterwards unless you want fog juice residue in your shirts haha!