Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focus adapter eye candy :)

Fiddy

G'day,

Spent the week machining adapters on my lunch break :)

Lil bit of polish comes up a treat :D:D:D:D
lathe1.jpg

RL-2088 2W 445nm with a 40mm Focus adapter
lathe2.jpg

MCU C-88 Blank host with a massive 40mm tapered focus adapter.
lathe4.jpg

Stainless steel 26650 blank host with a 28mm mini tapered focus adapter
lathe6.jpg

Survival Lasers Stainless steel 2.4W 445nm with a 15mm tapered, (37 degree to match the heatsink) focus adapter.
lathe5.jpg

Coleman Max blank host with a 27mm mini tapered focus adapter.
lathe3.jpg

Mini 15mm adapter for survival lasers stainless that parted itself off early, but made it still usable if someone wants it :)
lathe7.jpg

Took my a while to get started but after a while i began to get confident in my machining ability's as im a electrician not a fitter/machinist.

Hope you like!

Fiddy.

Looks pretty good!

I've only ever used a wood lathe, I wonder how a wooden focus adapter would go down :rolleyes:

Nice Fiddy well done I know these take some time for sure. Dumb question Are these threaded The one pic looks to be pressed in? also, you sure did use alot of stock for the tapered 40mm ring seems like if you were to sell them would have to go for a good chunk just to make it worth youe time?

Fiddy

yeah they are all threaded in! used a bit of material on the 40mm tapered, it came out very very nice tho, easily worth the time and money :)