Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FOCALPRICE - Terrible experience.

So.. I ordered these two lasers:
Focalprice.com offers 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) ,discount 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black),100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) products,low price 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black),cheap 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (
Focalprice.com offers Sky 100mW 532nm Red Beam Laser Pointer (Black) ,discount Sky 100mW 532nm Red Beam Laser Pointer (Black),Sky 100mW 532nm Red Beam Laser Pointer (Black) products,low price Sky 100mW 532nm Red Beam Laser Pointer (Black),cheap Sky 1
and paid an extra $10 for their EMS express shipping.
I ordered these on 05/13, ONE of the packages arrived today, 06/09. I only got an e-mail notifying me that one was shipped out about 5 days ago.. so my order status was "Processing" for quite some time. Oh, I paid for EMS shipping because I moved out of that house I was in on 06/01, and they said that it would get there in time. After it taking so long to ship I e-mailed them once a day for about a week asking them to please change the shipping address to my current one. After not responding to me.. still.. I wasn't that worried about it, I just got it from the mailman before he got to my old house anyway. So I was a little worried when I tracked my package and it said handed over to customs, but figured that was normal and had already received a 100mW purple laser from FocalPrice previously.. but I open the box and .. Empty. I don't understand why this one would be taken and not any of the other lasers I've bought from Focalprice, Dinodirect, or Dealextreme. Even if I did receive my laser I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the service, they still have not responded to any e-mails and I bet they won't attempt to fix this.

ideas

Hmm, the chances of custom control are small, so the story is believable
I ordered the last two years >100 laserpointers and got a total of 2 confiscated packages, and on one of the two I had to pay a fine of 250 euro :s (breaking 3 laws..) .. thats 2%.. but thats how customs here in Belgium work, they just take some random samples and do an in-depth control on those.. and those unlucky bastards have to pay for all the others that they let through..

I've ordered about ten lasers total: one successful from FocalPrice, three or four from DinoDirect on different occasions, and two or three from DealExtreme. I currently still have another one from FocalPrice that is still processing from 05/13 and DinoDirect is shipping me out a replacement on a defective 50mW green laser.

customs wouldnt just take your stuff and send you the empty box, you either got ripped by focal price or some chinese(or maybee american) mailman, lol. If customs took it, you would most likely not recieve any of it unless part of the order wasnt illegal, then maybe you would get the legit stuff..... Then a letter would follow notifying you of the seizure.

FP says it wasn't them because the weight on the box matches what they have with the item in the box.
There was a shit load of tape on the outside, and some of the tape was green, I have heard of people getting packages with green tape saying US CUSTOMS on it but this tape didn't say that. I can actually see where someone cut open the box and it cut into the white "GREEN LASER POINTER" box which I have around ten in my closet. There is like a brownish yellow tape for the first layer (all around the box), then some green tape, and then covered with many layers of clear tape...then it is like shrink-wrapped with plastic. The battery was still in the foam and the laser pointer "directions" came with it too.
I still haven't gotten a letter but I'm pretty positive it was customs.

Justin

In fact, if customs seizes your laser they do send you an empty box. Usually there's a letter explaining what happened, but I don't doubt this varies by country.