Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FocalPrice 532nm 200mW Green Keychain Laser

FocalPrice 532nm 200mW Green Keychain Laser
This is the laser: Focalprice.com offers 200mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer with Keychain (Black) ,discount 200mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer with Keychain (Black),200mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer with Keychain (Black) products,low price 200mW 532nm Green Beam

First off I'd like to thank Cheech for his generous $5 donation towards me buying this laser. You're awesome Cheech! Thanks again!

This is my first review so please be gentle!

FocalPrice Shipping
Ordered: 7/10
Shipped: 7/13
Delivered: 7/20
It was shipped via Registered Mail. I must say it was pretty quick!

Packaging
It came in a typical padded white envelope.
IMG_0323.jpg

Inside the envelope is a nice plastic case with two magnets holding the case together. The padding is foam. It comes with a 10440 Lithium battery. It was at 3.83V when I took it out of the case. I don't have a battery charger yet. It's coming in the mail. I tried to use an AAA battery but it doesn't light up the laser.
IMG_0325.jpg

The Laser
The laser is small. It's about half of the size of my LedShoppe 50mW pen laser, which is the typical "New Wish" size. The threads are very smooth compared to my LedShoppe. The battery goes in negative towards the head.
IMG_0360.jpg

SAFETY WARNING: ALWAYS WEAR GOGGLES. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE SET OF EYES! I WAS WEARING GOGGLES FOR ALL OF MY TESTS.

Beamshots
Comparisons with my Ledshoppe. Left side is always the Focalprice and right side is always Ledshoppe. I can't seem to take take good beamshots with my camera. This just gives a general idea of the difference in brightness. It is noticeably brighter than my Ledshoppe.
IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Burning Tests
Of course I bought this laser because I heard it could BURN, and it sure can!

A black sharpied match

Electrical tape. It does cut through the electrical tape, but the laser was getting hot and I didn't want to damage it so I stopped.

Light fireworks.

Other things it can burn: black cd case, leather, my remote, keyboard, wood. I shined it on my skin for one second and it stings!

Other Thoughts
Unfortunately, I don't have an LPM so I can't measure its true power but I think it's around 100-130mW like other reviewers have claimed.

I wished the case would be a little bigger so that I could put the laser in without having to disassemble everything.

The divergence on this laser is very bad. The dot is very big at about 10ft and farther. My LedShoppe and ebay pens have pretty good divergence. They remain the same size dot wherever I point it.

Overall, this laser is a terrific buy!

Last edited:

Great first review. :D
How quick does the laser get hot to the touch?
With my AAA FocalPrice 532nm I can remove the head & adjust the focus.

Last edited:
Great first review. :D
How quick does the laser get hot to the touch?
With my AAA FocalPrice 532nm I can remove the head & adjust the focus.
Thanks! I haven't let it get that hot yet. It gets pretty warm after on for 30 seconds.

In my AAA 532nm the laser module has a fairly large space between it & the outer shell, they make contact at the tip only. Since its floating in there I can rock it back & forth to ease it out. A piece of vinyl tubing protects the silver end from my pliers.
Don't know if your big on disassembling things that aren't quite meant to be but perhaps you can improve your beam. Looks like the silver tip should be large enough to grab.
If you look down from the open back does your module seem to make contact with the shell? A strip of card stock or index card might help if its too hard to tell.

I took the QC sticker off and the cap unscrews (has threads). It looks like the module inside also has threads but there's a little bit of glue holding it to the body. I'm not good with modifying stuff. Should I try to twist the whole part hoping the glue would come off?

Unscrews?! Sweet!
Hmm Perhaps I shouldn't be advising you to disassemble it further. Don't want it to be damaged due to my prompting.
With everything I look at I always think of something to improve & I'm very comfortable modifying / disassembling most things but that just me. If its good enough you might want to leave it be.
Perhaps a pic of the front with cap off? Mine has slots on either side of the lens that lets you turn it & change the focus. I believe there was a small bit of glue but it broke free without difficulty.

Mighty wicked smile Ichigo.. ;):scared:
Yep same slots to focus the lens as mine. As long as a screw driver wouldn't touch the lens it seems ok to try. It would be good to mark its factory position. My glue hardly gave any resistance at all.
Be sure the module wont turn in the shell so the button can't damage the driver from it rotating.

thank you for the rev.. i am waiting for mine :) can you adjust focus.. or the glue hardly fix the rotation head? i would turn it and give a better mrad.... sincerely i don't know if it is real 100 mw.. but i think that when a laser can alost instantly sting your skin.. it is for sure over 70mw with my 50mw laser .. i should wait before to sting my skin. so i think your laser is for sure 70/80mw.........and also 80mw can light matches...if the initial beam has very low diameter...

a lot of these chinese pointer use the trick... to have a lense that focus very bad to infinite ( you have high divergence).. but allow to have a SMALL INITIAL BEAM diameter.......allowing you "to burn" .

ps: can you do other beamshoot in the dark sky without to shake the camera? :)

realista,

The glue wasn't on there too tight. I twisted the slots and the glue was undone. However, adjusting the focus did not make the divergence any better. I tried going clockwise and counterclockwise all the way to the top of the head and also to the bottom. The factory spot where it was glued gave the best divergence, which is pretty bad.

You're right about the diameter of the beam. I didn't notice it before you mentioned it. With my goggles on, I can see the dot very well. When the laser is very close to an object, the diameter is very tiny. As it gets farther away from the object, the diameter gets bigger so it has bad divergence. With that said, I could still burn a match about 1 foot away. My LedShoppe is the total opposite. It has a big diameter when close to the object, but it seems like the dot is smaller when pointing farther away. Maybe that's why my LedShoppe can't burn anything.

PS: My battery is getting low and I don't have a charger for it yet, so no more beamshoots for now. Hope we can get better ones from you when you get it and also a reading from your LPM :)

Ash

I just ordered this same laser yesterday from Focalprice.
I'll measure the output on my LPM when I receive the laser, and report back in this thread.

ok :) i wait pics :p however for a KEUCHAIN is not a big problem a bad divergence...... the important thing is that it BURNS.... and at long distance... high divergence is quite good to impress others.. because the dot is bigger.. and most visible on buildings.

of course.. if tou want a professional low mrad laser.. is better to buy an optotronics pen.. or other cni pens sold by novalasers or dragonlasers... and also WL.

high divergence is quite good to impress others.. because the dot is bigger.. and most visible on buildings.

I was pointing the laser at my neighbor's trees about 50-100 feet away and the dot isn't very attractive. It's big and not bright. I prefer the small dot on my LedShoppe when pointing at far distances.

I just ordered this same laser yesterday from Focalprice.
I'll measure the output on my LPM when I receive the laser, and report back in this thread.

Cool, hope to hear your measurements!

I ordered mine last week so it should be here this week coming. Can't wait to test it and hit low cloud. Brill review btw