Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flexdrive V5 Manual(s)...

MadEye

Hi everyone,

While Im waiting for my new diodes to arrive I just noticed something strange. When I looked the first time on the Micro Flex Drive V5 Manual I noticed I can not set it directly to 420mA (I guess all of you know which diode it will be ;)) because there was a gap of a few mA...

Randomly i got it from another site and was a little bit surprised to get other values. I found one like This and one like This ...

This One is also often linked, but down atm... But Im pretty sure it is one of the two above...

The differences are quit big, so Im just wondering which one is correct? I mean when I solder the 3 resistors together one says 155mA-600mA and the other one says 455mA-1.1A... I think all Micro Flex Drives V5 should be the same :/

-MadEye

Fiddy

The one that says 155 to 600mA is wrong. It should be 455mA to 1.1A

And what you will find is depending on a whole heap of factors, the tolerances of the resistors will differ slightly giving you different Min and Max currents than what is stated in that pdf.

MadEye

Ok, thats good to know although Im a little bit confused with Setting 2 and 3 which have exactly the same bridge...

Looks like I just have to hope Setting 3 or 4 will be close to 420mA. Or "slightly decreasing" by removing the end resistor will be eneugh in setting 4...

So thanks for your answer! :thanks:

-MadEye

This is the latest I have from Dr. Lava it is valid as of 6-8-11

Sorry it's a picture of the manual and only part of it but it shows the settings
and that is it only 4 current settings or bands now.

in the second picture the 100-412ma setting should have the right two resistors
shorted.

I just talked to the Dr. and he said if you are setting for 420ma the third one is the one to use, the 455-1100ma range.

Last edited:

MadEye

Ok, this clarifies everything :)

So now I only have to wait for my Diodes and my Red and Bluray Lasers will be back in business.