Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flavor of the Day-Yellow

Okay, So i don't mean to sound like a broken record here but ive been trying to do as much research as possible and sifting through the older threads about who sells a higher quality laser since CNI seems to be the main manufacturer. I keep coming back to Dragon lasers and CNI as the choices for a ~50mW(or hopefully greater) 589 laser. Ive only really seen bad reviews for DL but not so much for CNI. That being said Ive seen a ton of happy campers that purchased from DL and received overspec lasers! I also read about a few people making a group purchase from CNI to get a pretty sweet discount from ~$850 to ~$525 but this was back in 2011.... This is one of the more recent threads Ive found and hope to gain some more direction as to which company to buy from based on more recent experiences with purchases. This is a new hobby of mine and newer to the forum. Everyone has been pretty awesome so far and I even made a huge purchase from Sanwu lasers a little over a week ago, excited for those to show up! I'm still trying to figure out which LMP to go with that is somewhat affordable but can also handle +5W lasers... But back to the main point someone replied to me saying there have been some issues with CNI lately so idk. Anyone with recent experience want to fill me in on which company had been most consistently in the last year or so? Also, I wouldn't trust myself to set up a GB since I'm so new but if we decided on the "better" company and paypal isn't a problem sign me up.

I've seen some group buys here and have wondered if the organiser does so to get the pick of the litter :)

I wish I had a yellow 589nm laser pointer too, one day I will.

That yellow is something else, I start thinking about other colors that would look good with it but that mono yellow has something special that other colors would just take away from.
Cool pics :kewlpics:

Well I just got a reply from CNI:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your email, it is my great honor to provide you service.
Now we dont sell portable laser to US.
Please help to confirm if you will consider Lab type laser?
Your reply is very appreciated!
Best regards,
Your Friend Ava Zheng

Sales Manager(Asia-Pacific)
SKYPE ID: cnisale"

So I guess that answers the question Ive had for some time now. DL is my(our) only option for a chance at a high output 589 for a decent price... at least for now and that I know of.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've seen some group buys here and have wondered if the organiser does so to get the pick of the litter :)

I wish I had a yellow 589nm laser pointer too, one day I will.

I'm sure that some group buy organizers do cherry pick the best of whatever it is the GB set up for, but so far, my experience with group buy organizers has been pretty positive.

As a matter of fact speaking of yellow, the GB I was in when we ordered our CNI PGL-III-C 589's, was partly organized by member DJNY, who had the buyers pick a number, and he assigned it to the lasers before metering. Obviously, this method will only work if the organizer is honest, but my case, I know he was honest, since I got the most powerful unit of that GB! :D

In my opinion, the best GB organizer(s) are Len (Hakzaw) & Gray with their J/L buys. I know that Len would keep any under spec, or damaged units for himself, and send the best out to the other buyers. :beer:

Good to know, I wasn't thinking of those members, or really, any member, but the temptation would be there. Great to know these guys can be so above board.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, that's what I figured, I just thought I'd throw out a couple of good experiences; we've generally had a pretty good bunch of GB organizers around here ...'knock on wood'. :)

BTW - The "Cat in the Hat" says thanks!

Last edited: