Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flashlights

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Just built a Convoy L6 with Cree XHP70.2 P2-5C emitter, smooth reflector and bridged the sense resistors for 8.5 A on high (other modes not affected ;) ) - Current measured at tail cap. Well I could say its a small sun, but that would be an understatement! :) In all $ 88 for the parts and LiitoKala 26650s. :beer:

Grainde, do you have any pics of this Convoy build, and maybe some beams and illumination shots, we'd love to see them! :yh:

Ill try to post some pics over the weekend. :)

WRT direct drive: To be honest Im not yet sure, Ill have to do some more testing.

I believe it is unregulated, but there is still some resistance in the board and bridge and probably battery tube connections, tail cap etc. I havent actually measured the current at the emitter, but the current draw is 8.5 A at the tail cap. Given that Im using 2 x LiitoKala 26650s (new Ri approx. 28 mOhm) capable of 50 A current draw it would pull more current if it could. Testing on my PSU set at 10 A and directly wired up to the driver with thick wires I read a 10 A draw so this would suggest this.

I still choose to use the driver, because the modes are not affected by this mod. Here I dont want to run the light at full power all the time! Gets hot after a couple of mins.:beer:

Edit: I desoldered a wire at the emitter, enough to get my clamp meter in, and it read just over 10 A. :beer:

Last edited:
Wow! Compared to my flashlights yours must be very bright indeed. And I thought mine were pretty bright. I would also like to see some photos, buddy.