Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flashlight/Host review: GearBest UltraFire XM-L2 1x26650 light

Its the thought that counts! ;)

Anyway good luck with the build, I think you'll enjoy the results. :) :beer:

Just received a Personal Message from May from GearBest,

They have a coupon code for this flashlight, bringing the total price down to $9.99:
GBF13CM

At ten bucks, it's a steal.

Thats a good deal!
Is there any chance you could remove the ring holding the driver and measure the diameter of the driver?, could be a nice beast for modding(hoping its 17mm or 20mm)

Thats a good deal!
Is there any chance you could remove the ring holding the driver and measure the diameter of the driver?, could be a nice beast for modding(hoping its 17mm or 20mm)

Standard 16/17mm driver board in there, as far as I can see. I don't feel like desoldering the leads and taking it further apart as I'm currently using it as every-day-carry but I will once I get around to that mod Grainde sparked.

ok thankz for that, i dont expect you to pull apart and check. but.....
do u think the ring will still be able to thread with an AMC7135 driver with chips on both sides? or you think you have to stick with one sided drivers?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 67
Hmm I was about to say no, as the metal retainer ring that keeps the driver in the pill takes up a lot of surface, but it just occured to be it will cover the chips like a heatsink exactly.

That, along with few mm extra room I can see (it's threaded a few mm deeper than flush, currently), it could work with that precise board you linked, but not with any other that has uneven components on the "battery side".

Though personally not a big fan of AMC's, horrible thermal characteristics and response.

Last edited:
Small update, was a bit foggy the other day, so I thought it'd be great to show off the beam profile of the light:

3Pig

WOW, looks like a nice thrower, pretty good excuse to grab some 26650's :D

Last edited: