Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyro's latest offering EDITED

madog

This is my first review, keep this in mind.
Christmas came early in the form of the http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-wolf-800-kit-54107.html.
This is my second purchase from Fp. The Tank007 was my first and might be available for sale soon. His work is amazing and he has great attention to detail.
The host is heavy, approx. two pounds. It is 11 inches from tip to tip. It has a diameter of 2.1 inches at the fattest part of the host where the aluminum heatsink is held and 1.05 inches at the mian part of the barrel where your hand will be most of the time. It has a tail clicky that feels nice and firm. This laser is bright! I have a green labby that does about 600mw and the Wolf looks equal. The heatsinking is amazing! I can leave it on for two minutes before it gets warm, and even then it's only a little warm. I have some photos that I will try to post if I can figure it out. My pix aren't the greatest as I'm no pro and my camera is old. The first three pictures, upto and including the pic with my green labby, had no smoke, the rest did.

SPECS-
DIODE-A140
LENS-LarryDFW hi-power 405
DRIVER-PYRO DDL w/heatsink
CURRENT-942ma
OUTPUT-1024mw
BATTERIES-2X18650's
I highly recommend Flamingpyro for new, unique, well crafted hosts as well as repairs. He also has a line-up of laser related tools for sale that make building your own easy.

EDIT- I didn't put this laser on my meter when it arrived because I trust flaminpryo completely. But today I was setting up my thermopile so a friend could see it and I used the Wolf 800 to demonstrate. Much to my suprise, it went way over its stated strength! 500mw over to be exact! Needless to say, I'm stoked! 1500mw total!
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
a3nn78.jpg

2qn2kom.jpg

rus87r.jpg

2u7xdn4.jpg

qp1650.jpg

vo7ma0.jpg

swcww7.jpg

345enhz.jpg

15po742.jpg

1z2dbhe.jpg

1z1bcqc.jpg

oqaec1.jpg

15s1vtg.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Flaminpyro's latest offering

Nice review madog:)
I was almost going to order one of those my self a few weeks ago, even put some money down on one. To bad I got other $$ things going on:(

Wow, that's really a beast. The focusing ring machining is also cool. I would suggest a front clicky switch for this host, looks heavy to use with only one hand at the end of the host in order to operate the tailcap switch... Anyway cooool ;-)

cd520

That thing is a brute!!!! I have an Aurora P7 light here that I believe is the identical host as that one. Idea's idea's.........

As always a fantastic work of flaminpyro's, nice review bro!

You and flaminpyro: Keep up the good work, With people like you both we all learn something every day...

+1 for show us another fp's wonder ;-)

Pd./ Maybe the tailcap switch is a good security measure to avoid accidental switch on at grip.

Last edited:

madog

I can't take any credit for this. I gave him artistic liscense. As for the comment on clicky location, your right about the safety thing, my sideclicky hosts sometimes get bumped on in my pocket while this one hasn't.

That is one beastly heatsink, looks almost good enough to stay on without a duty cycle :D

madog

Over a year old and still going strong!

Thanks again Jeff!