Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fixing blue laser?

PantsR4squares

I bought a custom laser here from a member here in a group buy. It is a blue 1w laser with a customisable focus that changes the laser from a straight beam to a widened point like a rectangle flashlight.
I accidentally turned the focus passed the furthest wide setting. Ever since the beam is very dim. It's brighter initially ( no brighter then my cell phone flash light ) then within a second gets less bright. I believe i messed up the focal allingment but idk. How do i go about fixing this? Or is there someone on the fourms who does repairs.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I have accidentally destroyed an M140 in a similar manner. The diode is LED'd due to the back reflection. This unfortunately isn't a case of focal alignment issues. The only way to fix it will be to swap out the diode for a new one.

Hi Yes need some pics of the laser take a few. If your in the US I might be able to repair it and get you up and running again.

Rich:)

This could have any of the diodes that came in Ca$io projectors, M140 or A140 or A130. None of these diodes are expensive any longer. I used to buy the M140s brand new from Techhood, but still never got the Nichi@ part number for them. About fours years ago I could get them new for $40.00 each if I purchased five, but you can now find harvested ones for $17.00 or less. If it has the less powerful A series diode, it can be replace with either one. I have both in my stock with no plans for either of them. If you can provide photos or a link to which laser this is, that would be helpful.

GSS

That's a Sci Fi unit also when they used to mark them.
May I ask how long ago you bought it and who was all involved, just curious?
I also think sending it to Lifetime17 is your best best as he's repaired many of these Sci Fi units..
If you need any reassurence with Lifetime as a member to work on it i'm sure everyone on the forum will vouch for him plus there are quite a few threads with his work on them.
He has the best means to make the repair as cheap as possible:)

Yes, this is a typical 501B host and very easy to work on. These were cheap hosts even back in the day when you purchased this laser. It still may need a diode, though. Rich is qualified to work on these as are many other members here. Good luck to you.

Hi P.
Yes those lasers are repairable let me know I have diodes that would do the job . Are you here in the USA? Let me know.

Rich:)