Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

First project, need assistance?

Kookapeli

It's not worth putting a 5mW laser in a host what you need is THIS

and go for the second one down on the left since you have a driver or opt for the one with a driver and contact DTR on here for an appropriate host/Heatsink

*EDIT* Ignore EVERYTHING you heard from Kipkay ;)

Last edited:

Ariakon

Well, more like it stinks. Spent 30$ trying to get this equip, turns out the one valuable part is nearly worthless.

The PL series modules? Are those the ones you're talking about?

I'm sorry, I'm such a total noob at this, I just wanted to get into this because it seemed like something useful to put my electronics tech training into. XD

Kookapeli

It was the M140 diode since you have the 1W driver :) I'd suggest to read all of the stickies so you have a better understanding on how build lasers etc there is a lot of information out there to be read :)

Ariakon

Ooooooh, it's on the last page, that's why I didn't see it! Okay!

Yeah, I'll go ahead and start reading the stickies in the tutorial section...probably a good idea. So that's one part down. Need the heatsink/host and the laser module...okay.

Kookapeli

Like I said, just have a look at the links I gave you and decide from there, they'll be able to advise more as they have the hosts on hand and can tell if your parts will fit.

Happy Reading ;)

Ariakon

Alright then, thank you!

So if it's a 1W driver, will it work with that laser? or will that laser just sap the life out of that driver? Just curious.

Last edited:

Pi R Squared

Hello Ariakon, that driver can work with an M140 but wont fit just any host especially something small like a C6. The M140 can be powered with up to a 1.8A driver but 1.A to 1.5A is ok especially if using a smaller host. Here is a link to the diodes: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/445-m140-didoes and here is one more place you can buy hosts or complete kits: Survival Laser USA Home I also suggest reading some more build threads and watch some more videos too on how to build a laser, it doesn't take long to get an understanding of the basics. Best of luck.

Alan