Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Post (Greeting) / Lazerer Range / Greenie Beam

Hey; yeah I've been looking everywhere for a solid review on this laser. One guy here on our forum bought one and it was DOA - but me-thinks it was a case of bad luck. Still looking for more reviews - kinda excited about what I've read about this laser; and the thick beam sounds pretty cool. Plus it has a GREAT divergence (as you mentioned).

If I do order it; I will be sure to write a review - but I'm hesitant without reading a good review first.

And my very last "hurdle" is to figure out how I can "walk back into Australia" with it in my luggage. Can the laser get damaged if I put it in my checked baggage? Should I take it on my carry on? I'll be writing to customs to find out laws etc and to see what I can do.

I can't really offer advice for that. If I did attempt to carry it on, I would not have batteries in it. you may be able to convince someone it is a flashlight, since the aperture lens is so wide, it really kinda does look more like a flashlight than most lasers, though I would remove the laser label from it DUH

Last edited:
Fair enough,

Do you know if the cold temperatures/different air pressures of checked luggage conditions could effect/damage a laser? I may not have room in my carry on luggage anyway.

Last edited:

Fiddy

I wouldn't try what you proposed to do in regards to bringing the laser through Australian customs. Instead once your in Australia build your own laser for cheaper!

Alternatively you could send the lasers in sections via post, just depends if the laser can be broken down into parts then you assemble them as each package arrives.

Last edited:
Buy a bunch of cheap flashlights (like 10) and dissassemble them. Split the laser in to as many parts as you safely can, box each part up with a bunch of flashlight parts, then mail the lots to your home address.

Well;

I have an entire PC here which I will disassemble and pack, along with an electric guitar & accessories (cables, effects pedal). There will be plenty of electrical stuff already in my suitcases - and I'll have 2 x 23 KG + carry on. So plenty of room to "split up the parts amongst other electricals". I'm thinking about doing that.

Also - I am most interested in this thick beam - but I read a poor review (could only find one review) so I emailed O-Like with the following:

Hi Guys,

Amateur / Novice here; with a long preceding interest. I've heard many good things about your products. I'm very interested in purchasing this product:

HIGH POWER 100MW GREEN LASER WAND /WIDE BEAM/FOCUASABLE
High Power 100mW Green laser wand /Wide beam/focuasable [OL-OWDG-100] - $81.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

However; I am concerned about the quality/longevity of it. Most of all because I read on a forum a review about this product - and the person said that it was dead on arrival due to poor packaging. During transit - the laser was knocked about and when he unpacked it - it was rattling and would not work. When he opened it up; there was some loose silicone or something that had come out (suggesting poor manufacturing).

Please could you comment on this laser - in regards to:
1) Its quality of build, and its life expectancy.
2) Its packaging (I will want it posted to Fiji; it will have a rough ride).
3) How is the laser beam so thick? Does it have a beam expander?

Waiting for your response before I move forward with a purchase.

Kind Regards,

I will post their response here for all to read.

QUESTION:
Am I right in thinking that this thick beam will not burn much? (The heat won't be as concentrated). Even with a focus - I don't I can reduce the beam size lower than 8-10mm?

With a focal lens you should be able to burn equally as well given mW to mW of power. The wide beams just have better divergence because divergence is inservely proportional to beam diameter. The only thing that limits focused spot size is wavelength (and of course real world imperfections).

RESPONSE FROM O-LIKE:

Hello Simon
Thanks for your e-mail, below is answer for you questions
1.First quality of torch is good ,and at least 3000 hours
2,Now we have changed carton to pack ,so you don't worry up packing now
3.8-10mm thickness ,it has beam expander

Thanks
Susie

MY REPLY:

Hi Suzie,

That was a very fast response - this makes me glad. I have checked here with customs here in Fiji - there are no regulations on lasers at all.

What are my shipping options & costs & timeframes to Fiji?

Also; I would be wanting to buy that laser (along with 2 sets of safety glasses, and a battery upgrade). Could you please recommend a battery upgrade - and list a few options with costs?

Lastly; how much of a discount can I expect (total cost) for all these items together? Can you provide some sort of "package" or "package discount" for me? Thanks!

Kindest Regards,

Hey guys,

was just reading through this post and wanted to say THANKS! After comparing with other welcome posts I see I asked an awful lot! I ended up buying two lasers from O-like - and customs here in Fiji has held my package for inspection. Tomorrow I'm going into town to sort it out - I'm confident I'll get the lasers. I'll let you guys know how it goes and will be writing a full review.

Please excuse any bad punctuation in this post. On my mobile phone here: wish there was an LPF app!

Wish me luck lol.....

Last edited:
Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your help. Wrapping up this first post, got my first lasers (finally) - and here is a FULL REVIEW for everyone's enjoyment.

Last edited: