Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser

DrzKing said:
I want to thank all of you guys for being so helpful.

Here is what I was thinking:

Green or red

at least 75 mW

Burning capabilities

If green IR filter.

Not too shoddy.

I'd be cool if I could buy one from someone on the website, DiY built used or new as long as it works and has at least another year or two on it.
I could make a burning red laser for you that is at least 200mW for $140, i live in the US so there is no need for international shipping. Do you have any specific date you want it?

PM me if you are interested...

EDIT: Since you don't have a high enough post count, i will send you a PM stating my email address, and if yo are interested, send me an email ;)

I'd much rather have something that is in the 100 mW range or maybe lower that burns, that way I know it is higher quality. Something that can do it without a focusing lens kit. No specific date, but something in the neighborhood of before the end of next month.

DrzKing said:
I'd much rather have something that is in the 100 mW range or maybe lower that burns, that way I know it is higher quality. Something that can do it without a focusing lens kit. No specific date, but something in the neighborhood of before the end of next month.
If you want something in the 100mW range that burns, might as well get a Blu-Ray, because those burn like champs!! most objects absorb violet light better than any other wavelength, so it is better and faster at burning. For example, for a 200mW red laser to light a red match, you need to "sharpie" it. For a 100mW blu-ray laser to light a red match, you don't, and it will light the match within a fraction of a second. I can make a blu-ray for you, for only $200...
It even has a nice heatsink, and you can see the beam in dark conditions. You are also able to fluorescence many objects, and write on glow-in-the-dark surfaces. It kind of acts like a blacklight, except much brighter!

Like i said, send me an email ;)

Spyderz20x6 said:
. For example, for a 200mW red laser to light a red match, you need to "sharpie" it.
Woah woah, major disagreement here. 200mW of red will in almost all circumstances out burn a 100mW blu-ray. You do not need to sharpie matches with a 200mW red. Don't believe me? Let the videos speak for themselves. Laser is a DX200 red.

WHITE match:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5IbS6gZUqw[/media]

RED match:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQakpjrbciA[/media]

And for good measure, SHARPIED matches ;D :
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcmWh48ET0[/media]

If you want to watch more videos of the DX200 red burning things, check out my youtube channel. ;D

styropyro said:
Woah woah, major disagreement here. 200mW of red will in almost all circumstances out burn a 100mW blu-ray. You do not need to sharpie matches with a 200mW red. Don't believe me? Let the videos speak for themselves. Laser is a DX200 red.

*GASP* I have been proved wrong!! I could never light red matches with my dilda!! I wonder why this is... Time to "LPM" it...
Anyways, he is probably going to buy a 200mW red from me, except higher quality than DX :)
On the other hand, i have never tried lighting red or white matches with my Open Can and 16x Laser... time to go try.

Edit: Haha!! Both light red matches!! I have had them both for a while, but have never tried...
Thus, a new discovery for Spyderz20x6!! ;D

If you value reliability and customer service (getting what you paid for, basically), you only have one of three choices: Laserglow, Optotronics, or Novalasers.

Laserglow and Novalasers are my personal recommendation as I've dealt with Laserglow, and Novalasers are part of the same firm now. I also hear a lot of good reviews about Optotronics too, but no personal experience with them.

Choose the right firm, otherwise you're taking a major risk.

As long as you don't mind gambling and losing that sort of money then go with the Asian companies.

My experience is that Chinese firms aren't the most consumer friendly and they've a long way to go in this respect.

The claims are all there, but when it comes to backing them up, communications usually dry up pretty quickly.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

bbshamsa said:
If you value reliability and customer service (getting what you paid for, basically), you only have one of three choices: Laserglow, Optotronics, or Novalasers.

Laserglow and Novalasers are my personal recommendation as I've dealt with Laserglow, and Novalasers are part of the same firm now. I also hear a lot of good reviews about Optotronics too, but no personal experience with them.

Choose the right firm, otherwise you're taking a major risk.

As long as you don't mind gambling and losing that sort of money then go with the Asian companies.

My experience is that Chinese firms aren't the most consumer friendly and they've a long way to go in this respect.

The claims are all there, but when it comes to backing them up, communications usually dry up pretty quickly.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.
Yep, like he said. But you only have $200 to spend, and your better off with a DIY than a company like Spymodex or *shudder* Warnlaser...