Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First cheap green pointer

Over in Korea for work. Me and my coworkers just happened upon a decent hardware store looking for some tools and such. To our luck and surprise we managed to find clean room suits, for only 15,000 won!!! Less than $15.

Anyways while browsing around I found they had green laser pointers. Well I have wanted to get a decent one for a while now, but I figured this could give me some fun while traveling. Of course it is rated for only <10mW, but its a bit hard to look at for long. I know its green and so the eye is more sensative, but it is far brighter than my 5mW HeNe. When first fired after its been sitting it has a visible power step. The only complaint I have so far is that the battery housing is a bit too large for the 2xAAA batteries and so they rattle, and sometimes they dont have good contact and the beam is weak. No big deal, just shake it a bit.

Here is a pic of it shining against the wall, about 3ft away. I tried taking a picture of the beam on a black surface, but the iPhone picks it up the same even though its not as bright by eye.

IMG_0142.jpg

Asherz

fits fine on my screen (22")

Nice find, I really couldn't judge the output from a picture though :) All greens look the same in a picture! :D

I always just set LPF to "fit to width" on my browser... No more too big pictures.