Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First build in Aixiz module (aka. Fire Hydrant Laser)

Re: First build in Aixiz module (not a cute laser)

It is normal for the focus ring to bottom out
like that. What I do is thread it part way on
and glue it (not super glue!)

Have you tried ditching the focus ring? I just bought two 445nm 9mm diodes pressed in modules and I can only achieve a beam and a small dot when the focus rings are removed because the lens needed to get closer to the diode. A first for me.

It is normal for the focus ring to bottom out
like that. What I do is thread it part way on
and glue it (not super glue!)

Have you tried ditching the focus ring? I just bought two 445nm 9mm diodes pressed in modules and I can only achieve a beam and a small dot when the focus rings are removed because the lens needed to get closer to the diode. A first for me.

Good, I tried my best to explain my problem, I don't know how to explain it in a best way.

In my case, the lens needed to get further from the diode, what I think is the opposite problem that some persons have had.

But, I solved it, I don't have this problem anymore, and if I have, I'll know how to solve it.

:pop:

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Get an extended lens holder and you can keep the focus ring, or use a deaper threaded focus adapter.

Pman

+REP for ingenuity.
What I do when I need the lens only partially in the holder is to add a small rubber washer that is easily obtained from the multi-sized packs at Harbor Freight.

+REP for ingenuity.
What I do when I need the lens only partially in the holder is to add a small rubber washer that is easily obtained from the multi-sized packs at Harbor Freight.

:thanks:

Neat choice of material.
If you want a cheap way to nicely color your PVC, you can boil it in RIT fabric dye (or warm it with a slight amount of acetone. For more vibrant colors, you can follow something like this:
Stain PVC Any Color You Like | MAKE

I'll take a look! Thanks! :yh: