Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

first blu-ray laser ideas?

im prity new to lasers so sorry in advance.
Iv read around the forums and i would like to start on a blu ray laser as soon as my red one is done, just need a module which is in the mail atm =/. i just wanted to ask if this would be an ok build for a burning blu laser.

using a LD from a PHR-803T and a diy DDL driver using a 10ohm resister and no pot for 125mA, powered with 3 10440 batterys in a rayovac Sportsman .5 Watt Aluminum LED Flashlight for a host(i got a twin pac and used one for that red laser) and a custom heatsink.

is this an soso/ok build? will it work? what kinda life span will the LD have? might i be in over my head? :p

You should be good to go! It'll aslt a long time with a good hreatsink and 50% duty cycle.

hmm im probobly messing up some numbers here  :-[
so if i may ask people that have sucessfully made blu-ray lasers that can burn and such w/ a diy driver and a phr-803t LD what compnonets they used for ther drivers in detail? im just a bit confused =/ such as what mA to run it at and such

danq

125mA might be ok, but consider being a bit more conservative @ 100mA.

Be sure to exercise great caution with static; be sure your LD's securely soldered, and never change any connection with the battery connected to the circuit. Aside from your basic driver, be sure there's a cap across your LD, and I suggest a bleeder resistor in parallel with your driver output also (~1K to 4.7K)... and you should do just fine!

:)
DanQ

cool thanks, i was reading threw the DDL drive post to about page 30 >< o well =P