Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First arranged lasershow!

Grix

As I said in some other thread me and some buddies arranged a LAN-party for about 60 people this easter. We spent about $600 for a lasershow. I asked for advice here and on PL, and as always I got all the help I needed :) . I ended up buying a cheap 200mW green projector from feebay, this one to be exact: http://cgi.ebay.com/200mw-Green....

I also ordered a Sound Card DAC and Spaghetti software. Unfortunately the correction amp came in too late, and we had to run the projector in sound activated mode. :(

It was still pretty awesome, everyone liked it, however I got some feedback that it would've been better with more colours, which I had figured from the start. But then the beams wouldn't be as stunningly bright as they were, 200mW of green in an area of 10*20m is probably overkill anyways :)

For my first lasershow ever I'm very happy

Video:
YouTube - Askøylan Laser Show

I haven't heard much bad about meierlight. O-like sells some of the same modules as they do..

Grix

The projector appears to be of decent quality, I think the laser is up to- og close to spec. Comparing the beam to my O-like 150, the projector is just as bright even with higher beam diameter. I do not have an LPM to confirm. The divergence is pretty bad though, after 20m the beam is at least one inch wide.