Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First 445 Build worked..but now it doesnt??

If you plan on continuing this hobby, I suggest you invest in a DMM. You would have been able to diagnose the problem a week ago when I was helping you on jibs thread. Shorting the battery with wire is not a sufficient method of checking battery current. Congrats on the un dead diode.;)

xivlia

yeah, i went to maplin (electronics store in the UK) to buy a DMM weeks weeks ago. but the one they had for cheap could only read up to 200mA because i was wanting to check the current of the driver. so i never bought it. and the other oness where very expensive. :p im looking to buy one soon :). and thanks :p

^^^Nice, TJ. That would work for him.. :) However, since I put my life on the line at work, I only trust my Flukes before putting my digits in a control panel :D

Last edited:

xivlia

ooh nice. its pretty cheap aswell. i might by me self one ;D thanks TJ. but i think i need saftey goggles first...the diffused light seems to hurt my eyes? i never new diffused laser off an object can hurt eyes :\