Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Firing up a little argon?

Things

Got mine started again as well. As of now, it's been on for 12 hours continuous for the start of its 2 day+ burn in.

At max current the PSU can handle, I've got 8 lines:

DSCF2500.jpg

7 you may say, but there is a very faint violet dot next to the blue line.

While waiting for the argon to burn in, I discovered file extensions don't mean crap :D

Right click on this image and look at the URL :D :D

images.dll

Last edited:

Things

OK, the argon has just finished its 2 day burn in. I'm letting it cool right down, and see if I can get it to fire relatively easily :D Fingers crossed :D

EDIT: OK, it seems a lot more tempted to start, however it still doesn't start on the first click :(

It also seems a lot more tempted to fire down the capillary. If I leave it at idle current, usually it's strike down the capillary instead of the bore :(

Last edited:

Things

OK, just an update on this. I haven't touched the argon for a few months now, however i hooked it up again tonight. Left the current at idle, and attempted to fire it up. It lit down the capillary the first 2 times, however the 3rd try it took to the bore :D

However, my alignment has gone out of whack (again), so I've lost all but 2 of the lines.

What does this mean? Is my argon getting better (Apart from lighting down the capillary)?

I need to find some sort of adjustable way of aligning it, since my current setup just drifts off over time.

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited: