Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finished my RRGB laser projector - PHOTOS!

I'm looking for a PBS cube for my build. I tried to find one on CT Lasers site but I only found dicros. Did you e-mail or call them to find that one?

Thanks!

How much does quickshow cost? I just got a copy of LSX pro from drlava about a week ago and I must say. Awesome is certainly the word for it. And the ability to layer effects as well as the scripting integration is really neat. Some of it reminds me of the old days of tweaking winamp vis plugins heh.

http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/LSX.php

Last edited:
QuickShow 2 with the FB 3 controller was just over $600. I don't see how anything could compare, it is just so intuitive. Download the demo version from the Pangolin website to see for yourself: QuickShow homepage

I'm looking for a PBS cube for my build. I tried to find one on CT Lasers site but I only found dicros. Did you e-mail or call them to find that one?

Thanks!

I actually just ordered another one yesterday from this site: Lasershow Parts

They are in Australia but it really didn't matter because I ordered a number of parts. Go ahead and give CT Lasers a call, they will get it for you...

Hmm. They look like they do pretty much the same things for the most part. Just different UI's. Though IMHO it looks like LSX's effect layering and scripting will let it do much more.. I guess dynamic would be the best word.. beam shows.

Pricing wise. Looks like LSX pro + RIYA basic is pretty much the same price as QS + FB3. Though I got a RIYA lite since honestly, I don't care much about playing shows off SD cards.

One definite advantage I see over QS though is you don't 'have' to get the pro version. You can get LSX lite + a RIYA lite for less than $300, and upgrade later if you want or buy/build more scanners.

flecom

QS is the "light version" its based on the Beyond engine...

and Beyond costs between $1500-$5000 for the standard to the ultimate version

LSX does look very promising though...

Last edited:
Ok, no offense, but does it wipe for you? lol.

LSX will do.. (and QS probably would too) more than i'll figure out how to use for quite some time.

Exactly what other features do you get for $5k? o_O

Last edited:

flecom

Ok, no offense, but does it wipe for you? lol. LSX does.. (and QS probably would too) do more than i'll figure out how to use for quite some time.

Exactly what other features do you get for $5k? o_O

the $5k version comes with a whole 3D drawing application very similar to 3D studio max but 100% laser optimized

but ya, I agree, $5k is a bit insane lol

I edited my above post. No LSX does not in fact wipe for you like I kind of worded that to mean without realizing it. :D I need to just go to bed when i'm mostly asleep and not post here.

:tired:

LSX is as well. You just open up the masterbeam touchscreen that looks to do about the same as picking cue's in QS does. Plus you can have MIDI or DMX control of the software as well.

I think which is 'better' is kind of moot. They both do pretty much the same thing, though I think QS lacks the procedural effects scripting and stuff. I've always been more of an 'underdog' kind of guy, so I went with drlava over pangolin heh.

Nice video though. I do have to say 'poor camera' though. :D

The camera I used for my other videos did not capture the red all that well. My girlfriend just bought a kick-ass camera so of course I have to test it out. I wish I could get my hands on some 620-640mW laser diodes that put out a decent amount of power. Anyone knows where I might find some?

Right now I have 2 x 250mW 660mW red lasers for half a watt but they don't really compare to the green / blue lasers in my setup. Still looks pretty good though, the average person would not notice especially during graphic shows.