Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally i recieved analysis of my returned X125

Re: Finally i recieved analysis of my returned X12

beachbumbora:

Question have you heard back from them, a tracking number, has your laser arrived yet?

Razako

Have either of you heard back from nova? Nova might be having some kind of serious problems with their supplier or more important issues to take care of.

More important issues than taking care of their customers? Really? Then I'd say the customers will go away and thus they'll have no more issue to worry about or solve. :eek:

As I stated, they sent me an analysis of my "old" laser and one of the replacement laser, so if the analysis of the replacement laser is to be believed, I'd say they already had in-hand the replacement laser for me; regardless of any assumed supplier issues.

I was also told in direct email they would credit me back $25.00 towards the shipping cost for having to send them back a defective Laser, that has NOT happen yet ether.

Customer Service IS the REAL issue here, without customers NOTHING else matters; and at this point I could hardly recommend Nova Lasers to anyone; at least not to my friends anyway. ::)

So the only company that comes to mind that I would currently recommend to anyone is Optotronics, period.
It's a shame Optotronics doesn't carry 125mw+ Lasers in pen-sized.

IgorT

A while ago, Nova had to change their standards with the arrival of more powerful lasers. They had to go from three 20 second tests to the peak and average from one 30 second test.

They also had to change the transverse mode standards to oval = still good, as CNI was giving them grief about returning lasers they thought of as functional.

It could actually be a problem with CNI. My >150mW is exhibiting similar problems as well. Luckily it only happens very rarely and after a lot of use and goes away later.