Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER- would you want 405nm specific Goggles?

weird i just tried it out with my green goggles and it seems like it enhanced the beam of the 405nm i will try and snap some pictures later. but as of now i am not comfortable with my 532nm goggles used for 405nm

i would like 405 specific goggles please :D
put me down for 1 if you get them , or pm me with more info.

alright will do.

hopefully we can get some more people.

and soon i will start another thread.

Switch

What's wrong with you people? :D Look how clear the 405nm goggles are! I bet you can't observe fluorescence as well with red-orange green-blocking goggles ::) I mean comeon, do you use your blurays strictly for burning? :-/ What a shame. I dunno, these goggles are for people who like fluorescence.

Put me down as a 'maybe' , I'll see if I can get 35 dollars first.
Btw, do you happen to have a VLT rating on them?

well since they are not made yet

no :(

but im sure they will be just as good as the other laser wave goggles.

and OD4

Switch

I'm just wondering, I mean ,the point is to let higher wavelengths through so you could still see colors well.That way you could see fluorescence without the purple "pollution" from the initial beam :D

the point i will use them for is just protecting my eyes from as much 405nm as i can.

even looking at 405nm for to long hurts my eyes.

and once i start adding a few into my scanners im gonna need protective goggles since i will have a high chance of reflections.

im not sure what the range of protection will be if they ever get made.

Yes Josh. Assuming I actually build a Blu-Ray (haven't decided yet), yes. Why gamble with my eyesight?

great! thanks for the info!

and maybe in the next couple weeks i can make a new thread of people that are for sure interested in buying and we can go from there. if there is close to enough people i will gladly cover the rest of the cost and pay enough to make the total 30 and then sell the remainder as people become interested later down the road

Switch

im not sure what the range of protection will be if they ever get made.

It would make sense to me that since they're 405nm specific , they won't block much higher than that. :p If they also accidentally block 808nm , I'll take 2 or 3 :D

How much would shipping cost?

Assuming that shipping and cost would total less than $80, and assuming that I decide to build a blu-ray as opposed to a red, then count me in.

-Mark

goggles will only be 35 dollars if we get the minimum 30 people and shipping would be a flat rate of 5 dollars in the us and about 10-12 any where else.

:)

suiraM

I'm in for a pair.

Course, I'd not mind them cutting away some .7-2µm at the same time, but I imagine that'll push the price to the end of the beanstalk, right? ;)

Incidentally, yellow polycarbonates for welding will strip diffuse and low-intensity 405nm as far as I can tell (like OD1-OD2 or so), but it'll remove a significant fraction of the blue spectrum at the same time. I see exactly zilch of 50 UV LEDs (405nm center wavelength) driven hard, and I get less eye irritation from sunlight than I do with sunglasses, despite the brightness at longer wavelengths being the same. Another member here verified that they do stop the diffuse reflections from BR lasers.

Of course, I wouldn't trust those to handle the beam head-on, or a strong specular reflection.

Tell me these will be OD3 or better at 405nm across the entire surface, and I'm in.

Tell me they will be OD6, and you can put me down for two.

Heck, I'll be wearing them whenever the sun is up. ;D

P.S. If you can get an >700nm OD3+ filter in there without losing the visible, then I have 1-3 more buyers for you; seperate quote?

these should end up being OD 4 like the other laser wave goggles. :)

i have also talked to bridge again and he is glad more people are getting interested and we both hope to get some 405nm protection :)

I am probably going to buy these, but I just want to know specifically:

-What makes them better than Dragonlasers glasses?
-If they allow fluorescence to be seen clearly, than won't looking at the dot through them hurt my eyes?

-Mark