Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Universal Laser Labels *Photos Added*

Hi everyone.

I have been testing out some products to make custom laser warning labels and found a source that I think provides a good balance of quality and low cost.
These labels are 1" x 1" with rounded corners printed on clear vinyl with a strong adhesive that can be removed easily with no residue.
I have two alternative designs. The first is intended for light-colored backgrounds (i.e. hosts with a light finish) and the second for dark backgrounds. See the attached images.
Where the Class and Wavelength fields are blank, you will be able to write in the numbers as you need.
For the light variant, industrial sharpies work quite well and are resistant to solvents and weather. I don't yet have a good solution for writing on the dark variant so I am not 100% final on those.
Any input on the design is welcome.

I have prototypes of the light variety and they look good on the chrome pen hosts.
DSC09765
DSC09752
DSC09743

Initially the cost for these will be a bit higher than I wish I could sell them for so I can make back some money I spent on sampling but these will still be quite affordable. Of course this will also depend on how much interest there is.
Estimated pricing (in USD, not including shipping):
2 batches: 0.75 each
4 batches: 0.50 each
8 batches: 0.35 each

I hope to not sell one-offs since it isn't worth the effort for shipping a hundred tiny orders so I will probably go with a minimum order quantity of 5-7.

Please post here if you are interested and tell me which version you would like.

Attachments

• labelV2_L.jpg
    labelV2_L.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 31
  • labelV2_B.jpg
    labelV2_B.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Re: Feeler: Universal Laser Labels

Those look like really good labels. I like the black and red. That’s a little different:). +Rep When I can
SGD:beer:

Very nice! I like the dark as well, however, that means I'd need to find some white / light colored markers :)
Have you considered putting a spot for not just laser class, but power output (mA)?

Either way, they look like they'd do the trick!

I have labels on most of my handheld lasers. They have the wavelength and power printed on them. I do need several more, but since I have been getting these printed to spec, I wouldn't want to start penning the pertinent information on them now. Rivem was doing them for awhile here. And before him there was another member who did really nice ones. If you decide to do something like that, I am in.

Feeler: Universal Laser Labels *Photos added*

Very nice! I like the dark as well, however, that means I'd need to find some white / light colored markers :)
Have you considered putting a spot for not just laser class, but power output (mA)?

Either way, they look like they'd do the trick!

I considered a spot for power output and I'd like it to be ther but it adds another place where information would have to be filled in.
I think the classification (I,II,IIIa,IIIb,IV) covers that well enough.

I have labels on most of my handheld lasers. They have the wavelength and power printed on them. I do need several more, but since I have been getting these printed to spec, I wouldn't want to start penning the pertinent information on them now. Rivem was doing them for awhile here. And before him there was another member who did really nice ones. If you decide to do something like that, I am in.

I hear ya, Paul. The only problem with customizing all that information is that without the ability to print them myself, it's not possible to make individualized labels for everyone's various lasers.
This is what I came up with for a "one size fits all" type of product. I'll think about it a bit more, though.
If there is enough interest for a single wavelength and power class, it is totally feasible to make an entire batch of ~60 with the specific info already filled in.
The labels are really quite nice and, if you can live with a few hand-written numbers, really do make these builds look like a quality finished product. The clear backing gives a minimalist look and lets the finish of the host continue to shine.
If you have any other thoughts, please share.

Photos of the stickers on some chrome leadlights are up. I forgot to mention that the corners of these labels are rounded! This should help prevent unwanted peeling. I'll get a photo or two of the label not stuck on something...
The first photo is my ~488nm build.
The laser with a black ring near the aperture is a custom 130mW 532nm - a really nice DPSS pen.

Last edited: