Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER(Sort of) PLT5488 488nm Group Buy

So I understand that after posting this thread, there is some interest for some more of these diodes. I ended up paying sround $285 base for the one mentioned in that thread and 35$ for "dhl express" shipping, and around $7 more to ship to paul to be tested. Should there be sufficient interest(possibly like 5-10 diodes) I think I could get the price down even further, and shipping is a flat 35$ so rather than costing you $310, I think I could get it to 295$ shipped via usps 2 day. Let me know if you are interested and if so i think we could get 488nm in a few more signatures :)

Last edited:

Did you ask about any discounts for ordering multiple diodes?

Might also be worth checking beamq as they have them listed for 299

Did you ask about any discounts for ordering multiple diodes?

Might also be worth checking beamq as they have them listed for 299

Yeah I asked and she basically said it depends on how many I order but wouldn't give me specifics...

I am interested, money is a little tight right now unfortunately. I'll need to stay back and see what happens :)

-Alex

Without a discount I'd rather wait for the sharp diodes. Maybe you should ask them what the discount would be at 5 or 10 pieces?

I guess if we have pricing for 5, 10 and 15 pieces then there would be more serious interest. I might be interested if the price is right.

If you can get the right price, I'll gladly join in as well. I just got one of the Sharp 473nm+ lasers today and, if it can get even more blue than this, I need one!

Edit: 480nm.
Edit2: is there anyone with a comparison between the 480nm sharp diodes and the PLT588? Right now I have the 480 and if the 488 is even more spectacular, then I'd be more interested in this group buy.

Last edited:
Is this thread dead already?

I should be building mine (485nm) tomorrow, I'll be sure to compare it to 476nm, 480nm and 488nm

With them that close together, it might be difficult for a camera to differentiate among the four. Only 4nm difference between the first two. Only 3nm difference between the 485nm and 488nm. Still would love to see them all lasing. I've always loved that color blue. It is so much more visible than the 445nm and 450nm at same power. My little 477nm has a visible beam in dim, not dark, areas.

Last edited:
Are there any spectro infos from these diodes? I am much more interested in something very close to 480nm or 497nm. If these diodes turn out to be a unsuccessful run I would love to see the wl data.

In any case, the sellers know that sharp is pushing into the 488nm market and Osram will react fast regarding the price. We should use this to push the price down, because if sharp has succeeded or will succeed to make a 488nm diode, they will be everywhere for less than 100$.

Singlemode

Ps: If somebode wants to sell/trade (I have some spectroed 503nm diodes) his 477nm-483nm,
please let me know.

Paul tested the one I have to be 484nm at suggested current, and should be around 485nm after heat and a little more current are factored in.

I think it's worth giving that a try with this seller... if you see this joey can you try asking? Or can you send me their email so I can give it a shot? Or singlemode or someone else with the business sense to knock down the price?

We do have plenty of people who would want these if the price were lower.

Edit:

It is built. Gonna try to do review tonight. I have one hour before company arrives.

Last edited: