Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER: Laser Cut 1 3/4" inch dia acrylic FS mirror circles

just found out that 10g of each chemicals are approx $30 all up.. but that should cover an area of around the size of a dinner plate... then the glass would be an expense on top of that.. i guess if i cut the glass to the size of a coin or small circle i could get my money back.. not in it for a profit, more the experience! im going to try it.. maybe after my exams!

i have also found a way to use a RS mirror to make a FS mirror LOL.. where did you get that FS acrylic mirror from TJ??

Last edited:

Jaseth

A cool way of making FS mirrors is painting a piece of glass with liquid gallium :)
It is pretty difficult to get the surface completely regular and flat, but when it works it works well. Another problem is that at any point where the mirror is above the melting temperature (I think it was 28.5 degrees C), you can accidentally wipe off the gallium.
It is however very cheap.. 1g of gallium costs about $3 and could coat 20 smallish mirrors or more.

Seb

You need to dissolve the protective coating that protects the mirrored
surface on the rear of the mirror... IIRC

Jerry

Because with that process you just remove the protective coating
but not the reflective mirror surface...

Jerry

Yes thats right, lasersbee!! hmm still maybe worth a try.. i can go the the local store and see if i can get some to try out!