Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER: Laser Cut 1 3/4" inch dia acrylic FS mirror circles

Hey I found a company who will sell me 100X Laser Cut 1 3/4" inch Front Surface acrylic mirror circles for $150 plus S+H.

Is this a deal? I cant find anything under $2-$4. I need to order 100 to lock into the price. Any one interested?

6%20round%20mirror.jpg

if it works out I would take a minium of 6 of em, poss more esp if they work good for a scanner and such. :tinfoil:

could be in the market for 8-10.. (for up coming experiments) nice find!

-Adrian

Yeah I want 10 myself for a laser burglar alarm and misc projects. The price for back sided ones are $0.40 each for 100. I wonder if acrylic is less refracting than glass. Because if its not to bad we can save a pile of cash.

If you ask me I think its a rip off. They know people use them for lasers, cameras, and telescopes, so they pinch you.

For a Laser Alarm... common rear surface mirrors will work just fine..
Acrylic scratches a lot easier than glass though..

And I'm wondering if an acrylic FS mirror in a high powered projector
would take the heat... so to speak..

Jerry

Acrylic also has (cant think of the term) more waves in the finish too. Plus its more flexible than glass.

I think we will throw this idea in the crapper. :yabbem:

Edit" Off topic but can an IR diode trigger a common light sensor?

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Most of the light sensors around are not filtered (not all), so, 90% of possibility that you can use IR, yes.

Jaseth

Sorry bryce, I think T_J gave up on this. For acrylic mirrors this was sadly not a very great deal.. It's so hard to find good quality FS mirrors at the moment without paying top dollar. Laser hobbyism is growing, increasing demand, increasing prices.

Seb

TJ why don't you contact them and tell them it's for something new to them, "laser service" and you need to try it out befor commiting to an order, ask them to send you a sample it dose not have to be round just a sample to see if it's going to work, they should be interested enough to send a sample piece of the materal so you can test it, then they my have a new avenue of sales in the laser arena if it works out !

Acrylic also has (cant think of the term) more waves in the finish too. Plus its more flexible than glass.

I think we will throw this idea in the crapper. :yabbem:

Edit" Off topic but can an IR diode trigger a common light sensor?

If you are going to make a laser beam alarm trigger... depending how many
mirrors and distances you will be using.... IR is difficult to align without proper
equipment.... IMO

Jerry

i saw this video on how to make FS mirrors with house hold materials.. ill try find it

EDIT: my bad its for making silver mirrors.. im still going to try it.. the chemicals are not house hold materials lol :whistle:

but the chemicals aren't that hard to find.. ill give it ago! and report my findings

Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUX_cpFWNso&feature=channel

-Adrian

Last edited:
If you are going to make a laser beam alarm trigger... depending how many
mirrors and distances you will be using.... IR is difficult to align without proper
equipment.... IMO

Jerry

I have a HandyCam with night vision. That should work, right?

i saw this video on how to make FS mirrors with house hold materials.. ill try find it

EDIT: my bad its for making silver mirrors.. im still going to try it.. the chemicals are not house hold materials lol :whistle:

but the chemicals aren't that hard to find.. ill give it ago! and report my findings

Link YouTube - Make Glass Mirrors with Silver Nitrate

-Adrian

Cool Adrian. Let us know how it goes. Maybe we will buy some from you.

I have a HandyCam with night vision. That should work, right?

Yeah... as long as you can see the beam to align it you'll be OK....

Test you camera with a TV remote control... if you can see the Remote's
IR LED blinking... you're good to go..

Jerry