Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*Feeler* flexmod p3

dnar

I am after P3's quickly, how soon do you think we can get a GB rolling?

well im in for another 2 asap as well so that puts u and me at 5. if we can get 5 more committed then we can hit the first price break.
-Nicholas

Before you get yourself too much into the GB, make sure you have the shipping and stuff worked out. A Flexdrive from Dr. Lava's site is $23 ea + $3 shipping, so you'll need to see if it's really worth your time to save $3 from the product price, but also have to pay for shipping to you and then reshipping to everyone else + packaging + gas + fees, etc.. It's not fun, and personally, for the price break we're supposedly getting I wouldn't bother myself.

i was thinking of just have dr lava ship it out to the different ppl however i should check this with dr lava first. thanks for the heads up bionic badger.
-Nicholas

i was thinking of just have dr lava ship it out to the different ppl however i should check this with dr lava first. thanks for the heads up bionic badger.
-Nicholas

That's generally not how group buys work. Generally the price break is a result of one person making a large volume purchase. If you make the vendor do the work of individually packaging stuff and sending it out to different people, then as far as they're concerned, its no different from getting a bunch of individual orders... So in other words, they have to do the same amount of work for less money...

I'm betting he says says no on him shipping stuff out to different people individually.

and also.. don't forget about paypal fees, etc, when determining costs.

seems like to much work for me givin my rep and inexperience. anyone else here want to take the reigns on this one?
-Nicholas

You do realize that helping the community is what gains you rep right? And organizing a GB is one way to do that.. Yes they generally are a lot of work, but most worthwhile things are.

I'd be happy to organize this if thats ok with everyone. i enjoy challenges, i just forsee this becoming a little dragged out as im new at this. as soon as we get 20 confirmed ill move this gb to the next stage. thoughts anyone?
-Nicholas

The best thing for now is to see if you even have enough interest to get a decent price cut. If not, I'd just cancel it and move on.

If no one grows the balls to take charge here, I am going to start a Flex and Boost GB here soon.

Sorry. For me, the $3 savings that's been posted doesn't make the the micro flex and boosts worth it for me when factoring it takes at minimum a month to run a GB through completion. Paying the $3 more is worth it for me just to get them in less than a week.

I would however be interested in the flexmod p3's if the price can be whittled down enough.

I will get lava to give me a price. hopefully we can get them more than that off.

Well, Mr. Lava Never got back to me. I will shoot him another e-mail and see whats up.