Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[FEELER] CNI GLP <5mW 561nm & other wavelength's

You're welcome. I'd also like to recommend the PGLs over the GLPs. theyre not pens, but the run times will be better, as well as the lifetimes, and their repairability will be much much better should they get damaged. The GLPs are not nearly as easy to fix, and will likely be pulsed.

Hello everyone.
Glad to hear that now we have the man who can collect the money (thank you ultimatekaiser).
I am still in deal and ready to wait more -- I can wait more and more if there is still chance to get the one of a GLP561's :)

Im still in this Group buy.
Got cash to burn for a GLP-561 and a GLP-671.
Thanks to ultimatekaiser for willing to collect the payments.

I think I will be out of this group buy unfortunately. I have the funds to buy a 405 or 447 but I feel taking a halt and focusing on purchasing a car would be a wiser life decision for me :)

Hope you all enjoy your pens!

-Alex

As someone who used to own a 561 -- for those of you thinking of ordering one, it will be one of the most interesting colored lasers you'll come across. Don't expect much on the duty cycle of these though, 561 is a little picky.

I'm happy for everyone that will be getting these 561's. Im only seeing this thread now. I may have jumped on board as my favorite actual color is 550. That greenish lemon color used often in florescent emergency vests and such. I would have loved to have a 561nm laser. Just the other day I was trying to find images of as close to 550nm color laser but didn't find much. I bet these 561's are really beautiful. Please post some pics when you all get them. Congradulations all!

We're still taking members. the buy is on hiatus until I have time to organize it.

Well then today is my lucky day I think. I read through the thread which was quite long and boring btw, lol. It looks like the pen 561's are $340 and the larger handheld ones are $450. is this correct?
Do you have a rough idea of when the money needs to be collected? I'm am very interested but I need to plan for it financially.

Also, this is a pretty rare laser, yes? Is this a once in a lifetime buying situation?
Is the beam at all visible with some fog at <5mW? Or do you only get to enjoy the dot of these lower power lasers? Are these lasers ever over spec?

Very excited!!!! I have heard 561 is beautiful color! Thanks for letting me know.

Well then today is my lucky day I think. I read through the thread which was quite long and boring btw, lol. It looks like the pen 561's are $340 and the larger handheld ones are $450. is this correct?
Do you have a rough idea of when the money needs to be collected? I'm am very interested but I need to plan for it financially.

Also, this is a pretty rare laser, yes? Is this a once in a lifetime buying situation?
Is the beam at all visible with some fog at <5mW? Or do you only get to enjoy the dot of these lower power lasers? Are these lasers ever over spec?

Very excited!!!! I have heard 561 is beautiful color! Thanks for letting me know.

I'm one of the few who has 561, in a very fancy 10mW lab laser. its in the daylight a very bright yellow-green. its hard to describe, but its a very odd color. I have a hard time deciding if it's pretty, or fugly....but it is awesome regardless.

I honestly have no idea when it will be, between school and more work hours and lack of money, i'm hard pressed to organize it. but I will say this...

1. I will do it.
2. everything I order WILL be class IIIa. period. i'm not fighting customs and filing variances. too much work.
3. the prices there should still be very valid.
4. I do not know if I will put in pens, but the PGL hosts are a FAR better host for these. the 1123nm line used to make 561 is very touchy about temperature and the pens are not recommended and likely to be pulsed like the 589 yellow and 473 blue to get any sort of reasonable run time.

I am thinking of moving this to a new thread in the near future to re-start the GB so watch out for it with all the updated info, and I will compile who still wants one after I've had a chat with AVA and some of the engineers.