Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: 600mw Pro Red module

I have a concept product that I'm about to prototype and I was wondering what sort of interest level there would be.

Some details:
600mw +-50mw (will be rated depending on how the proto goes) red module.
Diecast aluminium housing, TEC cooled.
Decent beam specs, at an estimate, about 3-4mm diameter <1.5mrad, could be a lot better
TEC cooled and temperature regulated. Analog / TTL / CW, option for slim battery pack to make portable, otherwise DC power input.
For those of you interested no I'm not overdriving small diodes or anything, two open can diodes under TEC cooling should by my calculating be able to manage 600mw combined output. (beamcube)

The cost. By my current parts cost list I forecast between $350 and $450 per unit. If there is a LOT of interest (10+) it might become a GB to get the costs a little lower.
There would be a warranty too, probably 3-6 months.

This is only a concept at the moment. I am aware of the technical issues involved in such a thing.
I'm looking for constructive criticism, comments / suggestions, and expressions of interest if such a product comes to existance.

sounds very nice, but what nm rating will it have? cause i would be interested if its around 635,

well looking at the price I doubt it.. is there a difference between 660 and 650 btw?

658nm according to drlava.
635nm is significantly more visible than 650nm BUT only in a direct comparison. There's virtually no difference in standalone visibility.

Unless you have gourmet eyes. XD

Anybody be interested in such a thing?

Things

Sounds sweet to me! All people planning to build a laser show, this would be a great red for it!!!

bumpity bump...

also planning a combined RGY module, non scanning, so you can either make a quick and easy RGY scanner or have a powerful yellow to show off!

Hel-lo. How interested? PM me if soon cos it could be done in under a month.