Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FDA tester.

Hey guys! I'm sure you all are as interested as me into how hard the crackdown is. I took the liberty in ordering a 100 mw laser from aliexpress. In a couple days it will ship for the states and I'll post here the results. What do you guys think? Do you think it'll make it?

Hope so, I got about $700 worth coming through customs. Two different lasers from different places. Lol fingers crossed!

I'm bad at translating Asian to English but it shipped 3 days ago and is in the china "collection" in my experience that means its in a pile ready to be sorted. I'm a tiny bit worried. With how hard the FDA is cracking down I don't want legal prosecution. I'll update with every step of the process

You just ordered it. You didn't know the rules, or their tactics to avoid inspection.... Right?? ;)

Lool at it this way......thousands of packages get sent to the US each day and neednto be scanned through customs. Is a guy sitting at a screen going to say oh red flag it looks like a flashlight and then open your package? If thats the case then thousands of packages will be opened that arent needing inspection. I have ordered 6 flashlights from china in the last 3 momths and not a single one came opemed or inspected so IMO like I said before, its all blowing smoke. Itll get through fine unless the seller was a freakin idiot and put laser on the customs form

I don't think he did. They actually tend to be smart. My broken green 150mw laser module was sent as "electronic component" and passed right through.

Flashlight, toy parts, had a few come this way. None ever said laser. Especially from a company or experienced seller. They know better

Eh not always.....had a few people here get letters from the govt since the seller sent it as laser

Wow are you serious . Like I said though these must have not been experienced sellers right? I got one coming from Blord, and one coming from dragon lasers. I think I'll be fine. Just had a dragon laser come not even a month ago and it wasn't even opened. And Blord,,,,I think he's had some success sending lasers to the states. As far as these people sending them as lasers, I'm shocked. We're they new? Or what's the story behind those cases?

Blord will be no problem.......I got one from him at the beginning of the year

My spartan from dragon came in August so I'm not too worried. Do you think that that one of the reasons lg has refused shipping to the states recently. Although this ban has been in effect for years. The threat to more strictly enforce the existing ban must have them spooked.

Hey I had 30 10mw red modules come in as laser and at 10 mw and still didn't get opened. I will remain in this hobby whether it is illegal or not. They can take my guns and my reptiles but they will not be taking my lasers.

Yeah thats the thing i dont get.....I have all the paperwork needed to get my CWL (just need to send it in and pay the fee) and then can carry a freakin 9mm, brass knuckles, billy club, etc... yet but i cant own a laser? Sorry but if someone wanted to do damage i think they'd pick a gun or knife over a laser. lasers may be able to blind you but a bullet or blade can kill you. Name one criminal who picked a laser over a gun.......never heard of it. you dont see the news and them say "well today someone robbed the bank with a laser" it just doesnt happen