Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Faster Backup

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey everyone

I am doing everything possible to keep the forum backed up, patched, & secure. I am currently looking for an easier backup method so it doesn't take as long to backup.. I always feel really bad when I do a backup and even one or two people can't use the forum because of it=(

I am currently working on a much better solution for backups -- i will keep you guys posted

Talk to u guys soon. wanted to say a welcome to all the new forum members.. have fun & enjoy the site!!!

Regards
Avery

T

timelord

Hi mate have you thought of a fast hard drive for back-up as to using disks??

S

SenKat

Hey c0ld - I think I havea SCSI DAT drive just hanging out, not doing anyhting if it will help ?
I may have aspare hard drive or two, as well - lemme know if you need some resources, man - I'd be more than happy to pitch in whatever I can !

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys.. i recently implemented a solution to make backups a LOT easier. this will mean significantly less down time for backing up the forum=)

if you guys get any weird errors on the forum or notice anything odd please let me know, as some perl code was modified.

thx for the hd offer senkat, but honestly im good for now. space not an issue.. i estimate that even after 3 or 4 years space still woln't be much of an issue for backups. last time i checked the forum is holding a bit more than 500gb of data; almost all of this is from uploads in file attachments

peace guys
c0ldshadow

btw timelord, i dont currently have an external.. ill probably get one soon, but for now dvd-r's are working great. i can also backup and encrypt the data at the mirra server i set up at work=) it holds 500gb heh

Kenom

Sorry not to be off topic cold but did you get my pm concerning a deleted post that I'm trying to ressurect? It had a movie that was also deleted off my personal computer and I cannot replace it aside from a backup you may have made.
I can detail exactly what post it was and when if necessary.