Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FAQ

Yeah, my questions are aimed at total newbies. I put in the box thing because a friend of mine thought box types worked differently for some reason. :-? Good answers though Chad. *pats Chad on the back*

If there are any messed up parts in there, I'm terribly sorry. It's all straight from Chad's-Brain-Ipedia. I haven't really read about these in a few years.
it is kinda messed up, if thats the way you're gonna write it then we should only include the "whats OD" and "goggles coloured the way they are"..

with CNI we can just say they're a laser making company..

and box laser, "laser shaped like a box" and thats it..

about the heatsink..i still feel i have already explained it, why not include it? its free :D

Chad

*BUMP*

Last chance to screw around with the above sections before I do a final check and put them into the FAQ.

well, do you agree in not including the things i mentioned and including the other things?

i trust your criteria, so do as you please :)

(hey could you enlarge the size of the creators on the bottom of the FAQ? people dont seem to know who wrote it :p)

A quick note on the OD ratings. The number is a measure of the light that can pass through just as Chad has said. Specifically, the number is the power of ten reduction that the transmitted light of that wavelength is reduced. E.g., OD3  passes 10^-3 (1/1000) times the incident light. Don't know if you want to go that in depth but it is a good way to judge the requirements you might need.

yes, deeper is better (CMON DONT THINK WRONG, SICK PPL), but it's a nice add