Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eye Candy

Encap

I have no connection with this company in Germany but was impressed by the show. Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/287981606

Nice find.

Were they scanning the audience? :eek:

Either way cool find.

:beer:Congratulations to H2Oxide on a 1,000,000 +rep milestone, well deserved.:beer:

"For forum veterans with over 1000 posts, 1 year membership, and positive reputation. Private message c0ldshadow to be added to the whitelist of users allowed to access the Laser Pointer Forums vets section."

When you hit 1000 posts PM cOldshadow to add your nick to the Veterans sub-forum white list for access to that sub-forum

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice, thanks for sharing, Ragebot! :beer:

@H2Oxide, congrats on 1M +rep! :wave:

:beer:Congratulations to H2Oxide on a 1 ,000,000 +rep milestone, well deserved.:beer:

"For forum veterans with over 1000 posts, 1 year membership, and positive reputation. Private message c0ldshadow to be added to the whitelist of users allowed to access the Laser Pointer Forums vets section."

When you hit 1000 post PM cOldshadow to add your nick to the Veterans sub-forum white list for access to that sub-forum

@H2Oxide, congrats on 1M +rep! :wave:

Thanks guys :beer:. I'll be sure to PM c0ld when I reach 1000.

And to keep the thread on track, it appears that the show was done by "LPS Lasersysteme". They have some videos on YouTube, and they're all pretty spectacular.

I have no connection with this company in Germany but was impressed by the show. Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/287981606

This company is known to me from EBAY, while rummaging through I stop over their used and new equipment, there is also a lot of interesting things and you will know for sure that you get what you pay for.

LPS-Lasersysteme | eBay Shops

But something here LPS-Bax 28K RGB (28000mW RGB - LPS Lasersysteme) for EUR 23,800.00 is of course another league.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Lasersystem...036826?hash=item23a5a6f19a:g:DigAAOSwUq9bTbPA

Last edited:
I went to a concert back in the late 1970s where they used an argon laser to scan the audience. The beams were about 4 inches in diameter and very eye safe. It was a great effect back then, but it was done in 488nm only. My point is audience scanning shows have been around for a long time and are nothing to eek about.

Encap

This company is known to me from EBAY, while rummaging through I stop over their used and new equipment, there is also a lot of interesting things and you will know for sure that you get what you pay for.

LPS-Lasersysteme | eBay Shops

But something here LPS-Bax 28K RGB (28000mW RGB - LPS Lasersysteme) for EUR 23,800.00 is of course another league.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Lasersystem...036826?hash=item23a5a6f19a:g:DigAAOSwUq9bTbPA

Good eBay link chloderic --very interesting. A lot of good items at reasonable prices. Thanks for sharing that German eBay page.

Ausgezeichneter ebay Webladenlink. Sehr schön. +rep

Last edited:
I went to a concert back in the late 1970s where they used an argon laser to scan the audience. The beams were about 4 inches in diameter and very eye safe. It was a great effect back then, but it was done in 488nm only. My point is audience scanning shows have been around for a long time and are nothing to eek about.

I'm not really familiar with laser shows in general, but it just seems like there would be miles of red tape to crawl through to be able to do something like that.

Benm

Were they scanning the audience?

Yes, it looks like even the camera took a few direct hits, as well as people in the audience being visually illuminated by the laser show.

This is probably not a problem though, as you can see the laser beams sweep through the crowd only for very short moments and are moving at quick angular speed when they do.

Of course i cannot be certain, but i suppose they have just done their homework (MPE calculations) such that this show was safe for all people in the audience.

Crowd scanning can be perfectly safe as long as you calculate things, give it a good margin for error, and use systems that prevent danger due to failure (e.h. shut down the laser when a galvo gets 'stuck').

It seemed to me the diameter of the beams scanning the audience were quite large and not the same as the ones scanning the air above them. I would suspect the eye exposure was in the uW range. Couldn't harm you if you stared into it for hours.