Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Extremely weird, Green HeNe 543 line from a 594 HeNe?

Giannis_TDM

As they say,
a picture is worth 1000 words....

IMG_20220128_134341.jpg

I got my JDSU HeNe Gas laser, model 1677p 594nm, 2mw spec 2.7mw measured output polarized HeNe to output both its yellow line and the green 543nm line simultaneously by just adding a dicro, Yes not even a Greenie OC but a dicro on the output.. For moments of a second, I've even observed the green line overpowering the yellow. I don't have any shorts of proper optic mounts so the green was flickering in and out due to the minute movement of well.. everything.
Here's the setup:

IMG_20220128_134515.jpg

So yea... If and when I get proper optics I will repeat this, closing off another pic where I filmed in slo-mo an caught the 543 overpowering the yellow
Screenshot_20220128_134813_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Still can't believe that I pulled this with a normal hene and dicro.....

It looks a lot like the yellow HeNe (about 4 mW) I bought from Laser Sam at a SELEM s few years back. (iirc $300) w/o power supply. very nice color. Should add a lot to a lumia. I will use one of my Green NeNes, a 635 nm and some blue.... pics when I finish it.

Giannis_TDM

It looks a lot like the yellow HeNe (about 4 mW) I bought from Laser Sam at a SELEM s few years back. (iirc $300) w/o power supply. very nice color. Should add a lot to a lumia. I will use one of my Green NeNes, a 635 nm and some blue.... pics when I finish it.
I got mine from Phillip, minimally used and came with a matching PSU.

I've done similar to one of my yellows to get a an orange and and red. I don''t know if I ever saw green? That was with dicros also. Pretty fun to play with and look at the modes. Looks like the green is pretty good power too.
I'm impressed too tht yoiu get it steady just setting there, they are so finicky when playing with by hand.

Giannis_TDM

I've done similar to one of my yellows to get a an orange and and red. I don''t know if I ever saw green? That was with dicros also. Pretty fun to play with and look at the modes. Looks like the green is pretty good power too.
I'm impressed too tht yoiu get it steady just setting there, they are so finicky when playing with by hand.
Yup, looking into getting a kinematic mount.

I recall Ulimatekaiser setting something similar about 8 yeas ago. Your mirror needs to be fairly steady to get any new lines out.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Impressive stuff Giannis. Like the others said, you actually did this by hand with a dichro. Pretty neat that you even managed it.

Giannis_TDM

For now, I have just mounted the dicro on a glass plate with epoxy to at least get it close to parallel