Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

External Lens Spring

Hello Guys,

last time i looked a little at Survival Lasers and also ordered some Stuff.

i ordered that :
Internal Lens Spring
because i tought Black is better than a Shiny Spring inside the Lens module.

then i ordered :
Extended Length Focusing Ring - Blue Anodized
because its insanely cool :)

and also that :
Silicone Lens Cap
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

and at looking around i found this Spring too External Lens Spring 5-Pack

My question now is what are the Improvements over the "inner lens Sring" or do i need both springs to use with my blue extended focusing ring ?

I have this Module 445nm 9mm Diode In Copper Module W/Leads &
405-G-2 Lens

I'm nearly finsihed with my 3W Build, but my friend had been no time to machine my Heatsink.. Im waiting for 3 weeks now. But its also a little special looking and more work to do. I hope he get it finished this weekend.
Thank you alot for your Help
Best regards. :)

Reactions: CRX

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
My question now is what are the Improvements over the "inner lens Sring" or do i need both springs to use with my blue extended focusing ring ?

I don't think that there any real improvements to the external spring, other than it's probably a little stiffer, and will hold some of the larger focus adapters more ridgidly.
Since you are going to be using S/L's cool looking anodized focus ring, which is small and light weight, you should be good with an internal spring.
I personally have many builds using this focus ring, and usually only go with an internal spring.

Since you have purchased both types, you could experiment with both, and see which you prefer.
Some people have used both at the same time for added stiffness.

BTW - Be sure and show us your build when you get it finished!

Edit: Some people don't care for either type of spring, and like the solid feel that teflon tape wrapped around the lens threads gives them. If you use tape, be sure and keep it away from the first few threads, to prevent any pieces of tape from getting on the lens, or the diode itself.

Last edited:
Hello,
tanks for answer :). I didn' buy the external Spring. Maybe on next time i order. I will definitely make some nice pics and show to you guys. The Hatsink is conical and its cooling fins is filled up with GITD powder. :drool:.

Best Regards
Nico:yh::yh:

I prefer the external spring, they work a little better than the internal spring, they just barely fit if using a G2 lens. I also use the extended focus ring and the lens cap on all my builds.

Alan