Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Experiencing nausia from goggles or laser?

I thought this was just in my head until one of my friends who had my second pair of 4+ goggles on during a test of my Arctic. Afterward, he complained of having a small headache centralized around his temples, and I felt a little light headed. Would this be because of the orange goggle tint, or possibly effects seen by the laser?

Do lasers emit a magnetic field? I do understand that strong magnetic fields can cause nausea.

I had to wear some orange safety gasses at one of the places I had to work at and they made me nausious until I got used to them. I don't know if that helps but I think it is the color.

I had to wear some orange safety gasses at one of the places I had to work at and they made me nausious until I got used to them. I don't know if that helps but I think it is the color.

That is what I'm thinking. To be honest, I just got the laser and goggles yesterday, so I'm not used to either. I played around with the laser later on in the night, and seemed to get used to the goggles.

oic0

They give me a headache too. When I used the arctic glasses I was worried it was because too much was getting through. Now that I have some real goggles and the dot is a faint yellow blemish, I still get the headache so it must be the goggles.

The place I was at I had to put on clean room garb and those orange safety glasses. I was in there for 4 hours and felt like crap when I came out. The guy I delt with said that they do that to some people. They had lasers and make circuit boards and controls for aerospace.

Amazingly enough, some lasers do emit a magnetic field. However the beam does not. Some Argon and Krypton lasers have an electromagnetic jacket to concentrate the tubes discharge. No your laser does not, so don't worry about magnetic fields.

jib77

The first few times I used my OEM AL3's I had the same nauseous feeling. At first I thought that it was not enough protection for my ~400mA 445, but then I tried my PHR and I knew it was just the glasses. Once I got used to what to expect then it no longer effects me.

Hi,

received my Spartan yesterday and did feel some nausea later on. Using the goggles from DL.

cheers
portwally