Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Executive Series 55mw from WickedLasers

Jedi77

I recently recieved mine. I was under the impression that it could pop balloons...? I put batteries in it and couldnt pop any from point blank..Then I switched the batteries, turned it on and it immediately popped one..Tried again, and it wouldnt..Should it be able to, or is there something I can do to amp up the power?

S

SenKat

You could get it tested to see if it is actually putting out the claimed 55mw - if it isn't then you should most likely return it for a new one, or a refund.

Jedi77

How could i test it easily? Does anyone else have the same laser and are you able to pop balloons..?

Jedi --

What color baloons are you using ?? With a green laser, you need red or black. Any color will work if "Sharpied".

Mike

Jedi77

Hemlock Mike said:
Jedi --

What color baloons are you using ?? With a green laser, you need red or black. Any color will work if "Sharpied".

Mike

OOooo. I tried the sharpie and it worked immediately :)..I guess the next question is are there any modifications for this laser to get more power?

S

SenKat

Any mods you try COULD kill the laser - so as long as you are willing to risk it - yeah, there could possibly be a mod you could do - but without having one in front of me, I couldn't tell you :(

Hemlock Mike said:
Jedi --

What color baloons are you using ??  With a green laser, you need red or black.  Any color will work if "Sharpied".

Mike

Whats "sharpied"?

"Sharpied" is a word derived from Sharpie[sup]TM[/sup], a common brand of felt-tipped marker pens, and the term is used in the sense of using such a marker to make a spot on an object so as to make it easier for laser light to be absorbed. An object absorbs light better if it is of a complementary color of the laser beam (green vs. red, etc.,) - or black. For example, a white or green ballon may not pop when a certain green laser is shined on it, but may pop if it has been marked with a red or black spot and the laser hits that.