Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Excited for Laser!!! :)

Hey guys,

I was checking my UPS tracking for my JetLasers 500mw 532nm PL-E PRO and saw it is only in Alaska :wtf: I still need to wait a day(Live in California). I can't wait!!! Ahh!

Anyway, do you guys get this excited over waiting for lasers?
Do you have any you are thinking of getting soon?

Attachments

• Laser.PNG
    Laser.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

SKeeZ

You'd be supprised, much of the things that come from chine go through alaska, it is my closer than the east coast. but don't be supprised if it sits there for a week, customs is a B****

Last edited:
Haha,

My 3 JetLasers always go through customs in California, never in Alaska.

They are in and out of Alaska in under 5 hours most of the time :) :beer:

Hopefully it makes it past customs. I always get worried when things sit around and don't move. Also get yourself an LPM. That laser is probably sitting around 600mW and may peak close to 7 :)

Hopefully it makes it past customs. I always get worried when things sit around and don't move. Also get yourself an LPM. That laser is probably sitting around 600mW and may peak close to 7 :)

Hey Speedy!

I would love to get me one, but I can't seem to find any reliable sellers :(

Gray included a power graph, that's as close as I can get.

I also have other lasers I would love to measure.

Either ARG/Trevor or Laserbee is for the most part plug and play. More difficult part would be plugging it into a computer and using the data logging feature but even that is simple.

Either ARG/Trevor or Laserbee is for the most part plug and play. More difficult part would be plugging it into a computer and using the data logging feature but even that is simple.

Hum, alright. Don't I also need to hook it up to a battery or something?

If it's that easy, I might as well get myself one!

Well the device needs to be powered of course!

Something like the ARG/Trevor Rubicon has a DC power plug.

If you don't want all the wires and don't need to measure up to 5W (or 10W for the newest Rubicon) You have one of the Lasersbee's units. LaserBee A

All and all in what your needs are that determine what to purchase.

You plug it into a computer usually a notebook for convenience, you then run the software for the LPM a small program for data logging, point the laser at the sensor ( thermopile) and away you go . The notebook provides the power this is for a laserbee usb like mine ,others are similar with data logging. You can get stand alone ones that you need to put a battery in and then just read off the value on the display, both have their advantages.

Last edited:
Yea, I don't think im going to be measuring anything above 2W haha!

Well at least for now :beer:

Are Laserbee units high quality as well? Other then that, sounds like something I definitely need!

I was looking at a LaserBee thread and the 2.5W one sounds perfect for me, do they still sell those?

There are a lot of happy Laserbee owners out there. Only downfall is that it is a TEC based LPM and not a thermophile like the Ophir head so the response time is slower. This makes the prices lower as well. As far as availability you would have to contact Lasersbee

There are a lot of happy Laserbee owners out there. Only downfall is that it is a TEC based LPM and not a thermophile like the Ophir head so the response time is slower. This makes the prices lower as well. As far as availability you would have to contact Lasersbee

Just contacted LaserBee and Blaster(said he was selling his LPM)

Just check my tracking number... is this even possible?

Anchorage to Los Angeles in 1:30 Hours? Lol.

Attachments

• Laser.PNG
    Laser.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited: