Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ever set anything on fire... unintentionally?

GSS

Its so funny how when were boys we all loved to set fires or anything that burns no fail. I had one of those planes that was powered by those little Cox gas engines. I never ever could get that thing to fly with its string powered "remote control" so whatever was in that can of fuel it came with I cant count how many times I lit something on fire, once even my pant cuff. Alaskan looking at the sun with the telescope reminds when I put a battery source to one of those big flash bulbs filled with all the filement I couldnt see right for days and was petrified to tell my folks

I remember when I was around 8 years old, weddings were really common. Turkish weddings always had a firepit to make kebab.

So, one time I went to a wedding (which was at a Leisure Centre), I found a baseball bat which was made out of plastic and had dried up vines growing on it. Being a pyro, I thought it would be cool to set it on fire using the fire which the chefs were using to make food. I called my older cousin over and waited until they were gone. When they left the area, the fire had died down but the charcoal was still orange. I touch the fire with the bat and WHOOSH, the bat got set on fire. I ran around with this flaming torch and threw it in some wet grass.

Then a security guard came out of nowhere and started chasing us. We tricked him by running through the smaller corridors and hiding inside a room which was storing stages and folded trampolines. After the coast was clear, we went back to the crowded hall and hid. The guard knew my Dad too, so we had to avoid him for 4 hours while he was looking for us.

After that fiasco, the other kids thought I was the coolest guy and everyone knew me.

Turkish weddings are fun to mess around in, my favourite part being near the end where we used to spray fizzy drinks all over the place by shaking the can up and puncturing the can with a fork. Those were the days...

Last edited:
When i was like 8 i was building like small town and city's houses not having lego i used cassettes hahaha
tan a smart idea came i had some pipes so i made a factory to burn my toy cars using a gas lighter i used straws to move the gas to the factory and tape to hold the lighter on and pipes extended so the smoke will go outside the window hahahah this was back in germany :)

GSS

Could you imagine if you wrecked the wedding:thinking:

Could you imagine if you wrecked the wedding:thinking:

Oh, that would be really, really bad. Someones dream day ruined because a 8 year old child was running around with a flaming baseball bat!

Fortunately, I wasnt that stupid when I was that age; we set the thing on fire away from anything flammable and dropped it in some wet grass which put on the fire.

I also remember the plastic of the bat was melted, and looked like a smouldering mess. It stank really bad too.

Last edited:

GSS

Oh, that would be really, really bad. Someones dream day ruined because a 8 year old child was running around with a flaming baseball bat!

Fortunately, I wasnt that stupid when I was that age; we set the thing on fire away from anything flammable and dropped it in some wet grass which put on the fire.

I also remember the plastic of the bat was melted, and looked like a smouldering mess. It stank really bad too.
You would of been known as the boy who cursed the wedding to this day still yikes!

GSS

Wanting to join this infamous club of laser related accidential fires I cheated and christend my living room closet door with a 450 2.4W only leaving a 15 sec little burn mark. Hopefully this will work as to make me super saftey conscious as 15sec was more than enough to cause some damage and a blessing from the laser Gods:whistle::thinking:

Ouch did it make a sizzling sound:eek:........Alien your starting to scare me bro!

Heh yeah : P , it left a large white burn line across my fingers and hand , It was funny after I did it .

Reactions: GSS