Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ever buy from Alibaba?

Hey guys, I don't mean to sound racist or anything but I have heard (this is a direct quote)
"Those bastards from the middle east will sell your contact information to the mass emailers"
Sounds pretty messed up if it's true but a big business like that likely wouldn't sell your email address/name to the spammers would they?
I have yet to get one piece of unsolicited email in my "real email account" (even in the junk box) because I have a fake account with a fake name to filter all of that crap "increase your manhood" messages
Maybe they saw the size of my manhood and don't bother sending me the ads.... Yeah, that must be it.... :whistle:

:bumpit:
C'mon guys, there are some good deals if the site is legit lol ;)

well let me say this there are great deal on there trust me.
But at the same time be very careful
And if they say you must order a above of x money and it anything over 75$ for god sakes say no!
There are places where they will take your money and send you a box but you will find the box is full of crappy half made or messed up shoes....
There is a whole huge list of scammer companys find the list before you buying anything and check everything against that list.
I have gotten some great and godly deals but at the same time i have gotten 3 boxes of shoe and out over 100's of dollars.
So use with caution if you think you can get an ipod for 40$ then have fun losing money but on component parts and random small non name brand electronic they are great leds resistors and such.
But things like ipods and projectors can only be gotten if they are over 5yr old for cheap. and they will not be knew they will be factory rejects or refurbished units/ blemished units.
NAME BRAND = NO!
That is the number one rule.
you will not get an ipad or anything like that ever have fun with a box of shoes.
If you need any buying advice consult google,
even if they are a gold member it does not matter or if they are 10yr they lie.
Best to check with the people first.
There are whole fourms for this one of them is the www.fightagainstthescammers.com or something.
Well have fun and gl on some sweet deals.
But if it looks to good to be true then it is that logic will never change.

They are from Hong Kong, I have seen this site but never ordered anything from them.

They don't sell the items they have a link where you contact the seller, they are just like a middle man.

Damn, I knew I could count on you guys! :D
I was actually looking at the Wholesale-HOT sale free shipping 10 pcs/lot NEW Torch Match Box Lighter Stainless Steel Permanent/Million match
Permanent matches are by no means a new concept but they can save your butt if you go for a dunk in a 1/2 frozen river out in the bush!
I can afford to lose $10 bucks if it a fraud ^_^
Thanks again guys!
-Auto

That's Ali express not the standard alibaba site. If you look at the Alibaba site they have a contact link and you contact that supplier. They might be ok, it's only $10!

Everything I have looked at on there you have to contact the supplier. After seeing that I might order 10!

csshih

Alibaba is more oriented towards the mass import market, not the individual seller. Ali Express seems to be oriented towards the latter, though, so it sounds fine.

Regardless, I have not been spammed -- even after chatting with over a dozen companies.

alibaba is created by the most famous Entrepreneur in china named Mayun,who is known as" the Bill Gates of china". I don't believe the company will sell your information to
the mass emailers
But as far as I know, it is a B2B Platform rather than a B2C online shop. But one of alibaba's website called taobao is B2C.

Yeah, Taobao is a B2C/C2C platform from China , and more popular than ebay in China. but Taobao didn't accept international order , and have no English vision , if you want order something from taobao ,you can find taobao agent ,it also have a nice price in taobao and have many nice products.
Alibaba is a B2B platform , usually accept large order , if you want make a small order at a wholesale price , you can consider Aliexpress.com .(another company from Alibaba)

Alibaba need rmb29800 per year , Taobao works like Ebay , you can see which is safe .

Alibaba need rmb29800 per year , Taobao works like Ebay , you can see which is safe .

However, they are so many fake products on Taobao. If you are planing to get some valuable products, you'd better not choose taobao.

Good to know guys, thanks for the info.
*Update on the purchase*
She said the China mail is no longer an available shipper for the item so I chose hong kong post.
The guy at the counter told her that she couldn't ship lighters.
Completely untrue because these have no fluid or compressed gasses in them*
I told her to go back and tell them they were small metal containers with screw on sealed caps.....
That's as far as I have gotten, she is talking about a refund or shipping it for $17+ instead of trying harder though :(
The lighters are only worth a buck apiece!
Then she told me to just increase the price that I should sell them.
*I think this chick needs a cuff upside the head*

*I don't hit women, never have, never will. Calm the F down*

I was looking at some of the fake Lite$abers on there, and some of the "gun" lasers people on here have made on here from toys...
You can probably see where I'm going with this, and how upsetting that train of though would be to Mucas Films. :eg: