Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ever burned forearm with 445nm at 1000mw?

Morgan

445 at 900mW

Just checking before I answered and found out you meant red.

Focused 445nm at ~900mW burns skin in a lot less than 2 seconds. You could comfortably write your name at a reasonable pace. I would offer you a video but it would be somewhat sadistic to ask me to do it again don't you think? :D

There is another way to find out for yourself though. Do you have ~900mW of 445 to focus? :whistle:

Don't forget that the absorption may be different on normal skin than on a freckle.

I was curious to see what would happen. I did this experiment so you don't have to! (To paraphrase Brainiac!)

M
:)

Many a time have I burnt myself with my 445nm :whistle:
Got a good sized blister from it too (as well as many tinier ones :p)

I don't have a 445 to compare it with, but a month ago I found out what it felt like to be hit by 10W of CO2. O_O I was at a dermatologist to get warts on my elbow removed, and he asked if I wanted to use liquid nitrogen or a laser. :whistle: Well, he injected painkillers, set a fiber coupled CO2 laser to 10W and burnt them off. He forgot to inject painkillers into a few areas. :wtf:
I've got about 5 or 6 scars that I'll have for a year or so, at my guess.

Just checking before I answered and found out you meant red.

Focused 445nm at ~900mW burns skin in a lot less than 2 seconds. You could comfortably write your name at a reasonable pace. I would offer you a video but it would be somewhat sadistic to ask me to do it again don't you think? :D

There is another way to find out for yourself though. Do you have ~900mW of 445 to focus? :whistle:

Don't forget that the absorption may be different on normal skin than on a freckle.

I was curious to see what would happen. I did this experiment so you don't have to! (To paraphrase Brainiac!)

M
:)

well, im just basing it on the fact that i can only stick it for about a second, and during that time no visible skin damage is caused. obviously pain is caused instantly lol. and yeah I was talking about my 445 build.