Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ever burned forearm with 445nm at 1000mw?

Morgan

445 at 900mW

Just checking before I answered and found out you meant red.

Focused 445nm at ~900mW burns skin in a lot less than 2 seconds. You could comfortably write your name at a reasonable pace. I would offer you a video but it would be somewhat sadistic to ask me to do it again don't you think? :D

There is another way to find out for yourself though. Do you have ~900mW of 445 to focus? :whistle:

Don't forget that the absorption may be different on normal skin than on a freckle.

I was curious to see what would happen. I did this experiment so you don't have to! (To paraphrase Brainiac!)

M
:)

Many a time have I burnt myself with my 445nm :whistle:
Got a good sized blister from it too (as well as many tinier ones :p)

I don't have a 445 to compare it with, but a month ago I found out what it felt like to be hit by 10W of CO2. O_O I was at a dermatologist to get warts on my elbow removed, and he asked if I wanted to use liquid nitrogen or a laser. :whistle: Well, he injected painkillers, set a fiber coupled CO2 laser to 10W and burnt them off. He forgot to inject painkillers into a few areas. :wtf:
I've got about 5 or 6 scars that I'll have for a year or so, at my guess.

Just checking before I answered and found out you meant red.

Focused 445nm at ~900mW burns skin in a lot less than 2 seconds. You could comfortably write your name at a reasonable pace. I would offer you a video but it would be somewhat sadistic to ask me to do it again don't you think? :D

There is another way to find out for yourself though. Do you have ~900mW of 445 to focus? :whistle:

Don't forget that the absorption may be different on normal skin than on a freckle.

I was curious to see what would happen. I did this experiment so you don't have to! (To paraphrase Brainiac!)

M
:)

well, im just basing it on the fact that i can only stick it for about a second, and during that time no visible skin damage is caused. obviously pain is caused instantly lol. and yeah I was talking about my 445 build.